Legacy Part Four

Hello everyone! I do hope ya'll are doing okay. Please enjoy this next chapter. 

Ezra POV

I was excited that I was getting to lead a mission, sort of. Dad was still heading off it but I was in the main loop. After getting everything squared away Mom pulled away from the fleet. As the Ghost jumped into hyperspace I started bouncing in my seat with excitement.

"Ezra, keep it up and you're going to bust a window," Mom said without turning around.

I stopped and raised an eyebrow wondering how she knew that I was bouncing since the seat didn't squeak.

"I can sense you, Honey."

Oh yeah, she's force sensitive.

"Don't tell me you forgot," she chuckled, turning around.

"I guess I did," I blushed.

Mom smiled leaning over.

"Don't worry about it," she said, dropping her voice to a whisper. "Yesterday I forgot that I was flying the Ghost."

My mouth dropped open. She giggled, glancing at the door.

"I know, shocking, but it happened."

"But...but...but we didn't notice anything," I protested.

"The ship was on auto so I had a slight freakout when the yoke wouldn't move."

I quickly slapped a hand over my mouth trying not to laugh. Mom however let out a peal of laughter.

"I'm telling you I was so embarrassed when I realized what was going on that I swore not to tell anyone."

"But how could you forget?"

I really had to know. The Ghost was Mom's baby and she would never forget that she was flying.

"Pregnancy brain is all I can figure," she shrugged.

Looking down at her swollen stomach I couldn't believe that my brother was almost here.

"I guess that makes sense."

Mom smiled, taking my hand.

"I don't know if I ever told you this but I'm really proud of you."

"You've told me that before but it's always nice to hear again," I said, giving her hand a squeeze.

"No Honey, I mean I'm proud of you for the way you have handled everything. From what I've read most siblings would feel threatened in some way with a new baby, adopted or not."

I sighed sitting back a bit.

"Can I be honest?"

She nodded. I took a deep breath and tried not to look at Mom.

"I'm thrilled that we're adding to the family really but a part of me isn't."

Mom removed her hand only to place it on my knee; her way of saying, 'it's okay.'

"If you remember what it was like when Sabine joined. I liked her but when you guys started hanging out I felt like I was losing my Mom."

"I remember," she said. "Do you feel like that now?"

Her voice held no judgment.

"A bit," I admitted. "And I feel like I'm losing Dad too. I mean I know I'm getting older and I'm not his biological son but...you know a tiny part of me is worried that Dad's gonna be more involved with the baby and might love him more."

Hera POV

How could he think that? Kanan and I will always love him and Sabine the same no matter what.

"Sweetie, no matter what your father and I love you. Ya we're gonna be busy with the baby after he's born and, yes I'm going with your theory, nevertheless, you don't have to worry. Kanan will still be overprotective of you."

Ezra smiled but I could tell that a small part of him was worried.

"Thanks Mama," he whispered. "I think I'm going to mediate a bit."

As he walked out of the cockpit a pit formed in my stomach. Something wasn't right. 

NPOV

A few hours later the crew was seated in the cockpit hovering over Lothal.

"Sure looks different," Zeb commented.

Ezra shook his head trying to fight off the small bout of anger. The once blue and green planet was slowly getting darker with charred areas. It reminded him too much of Mustafar and he didn't like it one bit. Kanan looked back, frowning but his face also held understanding.

"Let's focus on finding X10, then we'll worry about Lothal," he said turning forward. "Hera?"

"Ezra, you wouldn't happen to have those access codes would you, Love?" Hera asked.

The boy snorted his anger temporarily forgotten. Grabbing his datapad he pulled up his list of codes.

"Which one would you like?"

As access was granted and Hera landed the ship outside of Capital City Zeb sat back in disbelief.

"I can't believe that worked."

Ezra turned around raising an eyebrow at him.

"You say that like you had no faith in me."

"It's not you Kit, with Kanan's track record I was expecting a firefight," Zeb replied with a smirk.

"Well lucky for you, I planned this mission," Ezra said crossing his arms and puffed out his chest.

"Maybe Mom should let you start planning them all," Sabine giggled. "I could get used to landing with no issues. I know the Ghost appreciates it."

Kanan scowled, eyeing his kids.

"You know we could have left you three behind and done this ourselves."

"Isn't that how you two wound up expecting a baby in the first place?" Zeb chuckled. "You left us behind and took the Phantom on a mission?"

Everyone started laughing as Kanan's face turned red. Chopper put in his two cents causing everyone to laugh harder.

"Alright alright," Kanan ordered, hoping to salvage some of his dignity. "Ezra since this is your mission where do you think this prisoner is?"

Ezra stopped laughing, his eyes going wide.

'I should feel bad for feeling satisfied for him not knowing all the details but I'll save it for later,' the man thought to himself.

"I remember hearing about the outlaws," Ezra said after a few moments. "They always stayed in the canyons when they wanted to hide. My guess is that if X10 wanted to wait for the heat to go down, that's where he would go."

"Okay, but we shouldn't waste this opportunity to get some supplies," Hera said, getting up.

"Brilliant I need some new paints," Sabine grinned.

"And we might hear something about X10," Kanan said.

Ezra grinned and as soon as the others had left the cockpit he deflated slightly.

"Ezra?" Chopper chirped concerned at the sudden change.

"I'm fine Chop," the boy said. "I'm just a little tired I guess."

The droid wanted to argue but he decided against it.

"You just need something sweet," he said, patting his friend's arm.

"Maybe," Ezra snorted. "Come on."

The two left the room not knowing the danger that was coming. 

I do hope ya'll enjoyed this and as always please let me know what you thought. Have a great day!!!