Legacy Part Five

I want to start by saying how sorry i am for not updating, life has been insane but I'm hopeful for the new year. Anyway please enjoy this part! 

NPOV

"So how are we going to do this, split up or stay together?" Sabine asked once they had reached the outskirts of the city.

Ezra opened his mouth to reply before snapping it close. Casting a glance toward the city he sighed.

"I'm not sure about this one," he answered looking up at Kanan.

Kanan ruffled his head before addressing his daughter.

"We can split up and cover more ground. Zeb, you go with Sabine and Chopper, but keep a low profile."

The three saluted and took off into the city. Ezra crossed his arms watching them go. Kanan felt the boy's worry rise through the force. Placing a hand on the teen's shoulder he gave it a gentle squeeze.

"We'll handle it together," he whispered.

Ezra sighed, hugging himself a bit tighter.

"He's here, I just know it."

Hera knew who he was talking about and came up beside them.

"Ephraim is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he's gonna lay a hand on you."

Ezra looked up at his mother in amusement.

"I guess so if he has to go up against two Jedi and one very scary pregnant Captain."

Kanan POV

We had been shopping for a few hours and the feeling of dread had almost disappeared. We had gotten most of our list and a bit of information on X10. Ezra was right about most outlaws wanting to hide out in the canyons.

"Kanan, what do you think?" Hera said, holding up a small onesie.

It was white and had 'Little Fighter Pilot' with an old x-wing on it.

"Cute."

Hera snorted, rubbing the onesie between her fingers.

"I've never been one to do a lot of "cute." I don't know how to dress him."

I smiled, stepping over to her. Taking the outfit I quickly inspected it. It was well made and looks like it would do well in keeping the kid warm. Nodding in approval handed it over.

"It's good and I think the baby will love it."

Hera smiled, turning to purchase it. Gazing over the market the feeling of dread returned.

"Hera, where's Ezra?" I whispered eyes going back and forth looking for him.

"He said he was grabbing some fruit, why?"

I turned toward the fruit stand just in time to see a figure grab my son's arm.

"HEY!"

The figure looked up causing my anger to grow. Ephriam. Ezra took the moment of distraction to break free and made a beeline over to us. Ephriam took out his gun to fire but I was quicker. The shot hit his hand knocking the blaster to the ground and the crowd began to scatter.

"Kanan?" Hera questioned as Ezra plowed into her.

"He's here," I growled out.

Ezra shook slightly but looked up at me. I could see the apology forming on his tongue but shook my head.

"Not your fault Kid, but we need to get back to the ship."

The two nodded and we quickly joined the chaos. After a couple of minutes, I thought we might be in the clear when shouting could be heard.