Caroline felt something cold and wet drip down her leg. The pain, she remembered this pain. Bo was born soon after. Caroline knew at that moment that she was in labour.

She looked at Luke and saw the fear in is eyes. "Baby..." another pain coursed through her before she could finish. Luke started to tear up as she screamed.

She knew he wasn't ready, she wasn't either. "Caroline, is he going to be okay?"

"Relax, babe. Tate will be just fine. He's strong like his daddy," she tried to assure her broken fiancé.

"I'm not strong. I wish I was," Luke mumbled.

Caroline rubbed his cheek. She was in a lot of pain, but seeing Luke so scared hurt her more. "Yes, you are. You've always been strong. I have seen you grow. Luke, you have evolved from a father who had just lost his wife and was scared to raise a child on his own to a loving fiancé and super dad. And I love you for it."

"I was called a cheater and I didn't do anything to stop it. I could've stopped May from dying. Caroline, I could've saved her! But I was too God damn weak to!"

"Luke you wouldn't be having this baby right now. Hell, Bo wouldn't exist! Do you honestly regret this?!"

Luke softly smiled and kissed her cheek. "Not a damn bit."

Another contraction hit Caroline and that was her breaking point. "Okay, get me to the hospital now and you're still an ass for doing this to me."

Luke chuckled before helping Caroline into his truck and gathering his sleepy kids and buckling them up too. He made sure he had everything before he started to the hospital.

He had one hand in Caroline's and one on the wheel the kids were in a heavy sleep, so their mother's screaming couldn't wake them. Luke's hand was being destroyed, but at least Caroline had something to put all her pain into. He would take whatever she had.

"God, Luke! You had to do this to me?!" Caroline shouted as a more intense contraction came on.

"I'm sorry, baby. But you'll be thanking me soon, trust me," Luke assured.

"Don't be too cocky, Mr. Bryan," she mumbled.

Luke chuckled as he pulled into the hospital. He got the kids in first and had a nurse watch them before he went out for Caroline. She was rushed to the maternity ward. Luke thanked the nurse once again be following his fiancée.

***

"I can't do this!" Caroline screamed.

Luke squeezed her hand to console her. "Yes, you can. Baby, you can."

"I'm not ready for Tater to be born," she whispered as tears started to brim her eyes.

"I'm not either, babe, but we have to be ready for him. He's ready now, he wants to meet you."

Caroline nodded as she gave one last push. They could hear their baby's cries echo off the wall. They immediately took him away for testing, making sure he could go home safely.

"Luke, we did it," Caroline cried.

"Get some sleep, baby. I'll wake you when they bring Tate back."

Luke watched as she fell asleep. He held her hand tightly and laid his head on her chest, falling asleep too.

Caroline awoke a short time later and noticed Bo and Kelly both in the room, giggling. Luke was sound asleep and Tate still was in for testing.

Kelly and Bo both looked at their mother with expectant looks. "Where's the baby?" Kelly questioned.

Bo had just been confused. He was so little, all he knew was he had a brother, but he didn't know where he was.

"He's having a check-up. Daddy and Mommy sent him for one," Caroline answered.

"Why is Daddy sleeping?" Kelly questioned.

"I think he's just really tired. He'll be awake for Tate's arrival."

Kelly nodded before distracting Bo again. Caroline looked down at Luke, who was softly snoring. He always looked so peaceful when he slept. She didn't like watching people sleep, but Luke was an exception.

It was hard to believe that she met him at this place right after his wife died. Now they were in here waiting to meet their second child together. Time sure does fly.

Soon, a doctor came into the room with a blue bundle. Caroline looked up and felt tears well up in her eyes. She opened her arms up for her son and the doctor hand him to her.

He was so precious and looked so much like his father. "Daddy," Caroline shook Luke. "You're son is here."

Luke opened his eyes and slowly stretched. When he saw his son, a smile appeared on his face. He couldn't believe Tate was here.

Luke kissed Caroline's forehead and let Tate grab his finger. He motioned for Bo and Kelly to take a look at their little brother.

"Daddy loves all three of you kids, but he's gonna have to give Tate and Mommy a lot of attention. Okay?" Luke told his older two kids.

They both nodded and watched their baby brother sleep. Nothing could prepare Luke and Caroline for the road ahead, but they were ready for whatever life had to throw at them.

_________________

A/N: AND THAT IS A WRAP! I might do a Epilogue, but I don't know what to write in it. I hope y'all enjoyed the sequel to Centre of His World, and no, I'm not doing a third book. And not a prequel either. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Please check out my current stories, Speak Now, I Never Liked You Anyways, and Glow. Two are Luke Bryan fanfics and one is a Brett Eldredge fanfic. Thanks once again! ~Kelsea