Chapter 6

"Okay, well, you just don't get it, Kerri! Luke didn't ask for this interview. I get that you're his manager, but you can't take away his day off. He's your boss, you need to respect him," Caroline said loud enough to wake Luke. He turned to check the time and noticed it was already eleven in the morning. He walked downstairs in nothing but his boxers.

He hid behind a wall and listened to what Caroline was saying. "Kerri, I get it, I really do, but you should ask him first. I'm not trying to control you, no. Yes, I may be dating him, but that has nothing to do with this."

"Kerri," Luke said as he grind his teeth. "Don't bring that up."

"I already said that just because I'm with him doesn't mean anything. He clearly was looking forward to this day off."

Luke walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone, leaving Caroline stunned. He looked at Caroline while he spoke to Kerri. "Okay, telling my fiancee that she is trying to control you was wrong. I get that you're a little upset, but I am your boss and you have to listen to whatever I say, and that includes whoever I'm in a relationship with. That being said, I'll do the interview, but next you need to confirm it with me first. As for the kids and Carol, I'm taking them with me until they need to go back home. That means no rough-housing or anything, these kids are just babies."

"Alright, I'm sorry and I'll let the crew know the kids are coming," Kerri sighed. "Goodbye."

Luke shook his head and hung up. He threw the phone down and spun Caroline around before leaning in and kissing her slowly. Caroline giggled as he pulled away. "So, I guess we are going on our date, huh?"

"Of course we are, baby. It's just going to be in Nashville. Hurry up and gather our luggage, we're leaving on the next flight out of here!"

Caroline had a huge smile on her face. "I love you so much, thank you for this!"

***

Luke flatten out his red plaid shirt and fixed his hat before walking in to see Cody. Cody and him shook hands and they talked for a bit before the show came on. "I hope you're willing to share a lot with us about Baby Bryan. We haven't heard much about him."

"There's so much going on, I don't know where to start!" Luke said excitedly.

Cody chuckled, "Well, we're live now."

Luke nodded, signifying that he understood. "It's a pleasure to be here, Cody."

"As always with you too, Luke. So tell me, how's that wedding planning going?"

"It's insane, really. Caroline and I had gotten in a fight before and it had put a halt to the planning. But after clearing up some things, we're still set to be wed December eighth. I can't wait!"

Cody chuckled. "For that honeymoon, you mean?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders. "Well..." he dragged out. "I guess it's just that."

"Haha, okay. Moving on from that, how's little Thomas doing?"

"Oh, absolutely wonderful. He's such a hyper baby! I will come home from recording and he'll smile real big and start bouncing in his swing until I pick him up and cuddle him. His Daddy may be in love with him."

"Recording, and by that you mean?" Cody quizzed him.

"Oh, right!" he said as he clapped his hands together. "Your friend here is recording a brand new EP!"

Cody furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I thought you were done with Spring Break EPs."

"Well, yeah. But this is my first Farm Tour EP to replace those. Eight years, eight shows, eight days. Such an accomplishment. The songs will compliment Huntin', Fishin', and Lovin' Every Day."