Chapter 2

"Damn it!" Caroline cussed, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Why me?! Why?!"

She was laying in her bed, on her side, regretting every moment of the break up. She loved him, she still does. Why didn't he love her? Why didn't he tell her that he wanted to move on? What was the problem? Was it her? Did he fall out of love. She'd do anything if it meant that he would still be with her.

Her only question was, why did he cheat?

Caroline was talking to Leah on the phone. Leah, who knew the full truth, who knew Luke didn't cheat. "I mean, why would he cheat?"

"I'm wondering the same thing," Leah mumbled. "Like why you're jumping to conclusions. Lies, false lies."

"Shut up, Leah!" Caroline shouted through the phone. "I lost my fiance! I lost my true love, father of my children! You don't have the right to say that shit!"

"Fuck it! You made a mistake! Caroline, why can't you see that? Luke loves you, he fucking loves you!"

Caroline hung up on Leah without saying another word. He cheated. He cheated, he cheated, he cheated. She thought Leah was her best friend, but clearly not. She's not the bad guy here.

She slammed the phone down. What did she do to deserve this? How could she let him slip away from her like that? For the first time since the break up, Caroline cried. She cried nonstop. She wanted Luke back, to hold her and kiss her. To tell her everything will be okay. But it really wasn't. It never would be, because she lost him for good and there was no getting him back.

"You okay, babe?" Blaine, Leah's husband, asked her as he walked into the room with Nash, their son.

"Caroline is just, urg! Blaine, she messed up big time," Leah scouled.

Blaine gave her an apologetic look. "How? What happen?"

"Why don't you call Luke and ask him for yourself," Leah advised before taking Nash and leaving the room.

Blaine pulled his phone out and hit the contact that read Bossman. He was hoping Luke was okay, but something inside Blaine told him that nothing was okay. Not this time.

"Luke, buddy?" Blaine greeted through the phone. "What's with you and Caroline? What's going on?"

"She fucking broke up with me!" Luke yelled. "Said I cheated. I didn't fucking cheat. I love Caroline! I... I-"

Blaine heard Luke burst into tears. "Luke-"

"My baby is gone. God, do I love her, but now she's gone. I'm losing my future wife. I can't believe our live affair is over. It's fucking over, Blaine! The love of my life is gone! I'm so heartbroken, I haven't stopped crying. I haven't eaten. God, I didn't want I See You to become a reality, but it did."

"Luke, I don't know what to say..." Blaine whispered, speechless.

Luke sighed a deep sigh. "Nobody does. Nobody ever fucking does."

Blaine wanted to help, but he didn't know what to do. Before he could think of anything, Luke hung up. The poor man, his life was crumbling down on top of him and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it from happening.

Caroline leaned into the mirror, her makeup was a mess. She reached into a door and pulled out her last love letter from Luke.

Caroline,

Oh, how I love how the way your name looks when I write it. I can't believe we're so close to being an old married couple, haha. But, irregardless to our age, I can't wait to call you my wife. And the honeymoon! Oh, man, I'm getting turned on just thinking about it. But, what I really want is to see our son playing with his sister, as I watch you in your yellow sundress and ever growing pregnant belly.

I want more kids, I want more date nights, I want more kisses. I can't wait to watch our children grow up, get married, and have their own kids. Like what our parents see. I want that. I want what our parents have.

I will lay you down and make love with you every chance I get. There's not a moment that goes by that I don't fall in love with you more.

Of course, there will be some fights and misunderstandings, but it's not like we don't have those all the time already. I will always love you, no matter what happens. Through the good and ugly, the blue and the black, remember?

I know one day, we will have a fight where either you or I threaten a divorce. Just know that I won't do that. I can't go through that, because I love you too much. Oh, baby, I love you so much.

I can't wait to marry you in a few months. I'll see you and the kids after I get off the road.

Love you to the moon and back,
Luke

Caroline burst into tears again. When and where did she go wrong? She couldn't take it anymore. She needed to get out. But who would take care of the kids.

All she wanted was to drink until the pain was gone and the past was forgotten. She wanted to find a new man. She didn't know it at the time, but she wanted to make Luke jealous. Caroline quickly took the kids to the neighbour's house, where she promised to babysit Caroline's kids.

Caroline sped to the bar, sat on a stool, took a shot of whiskey and slowly began the night of where Luke would be forgotten and another boy, maybe a younger and hotter one (If a hotter man was possible.) would take away the pain and kiss her slow at midnight.

______________________

A/N: Y'all can definitely see where this is going. Yes, she's ditching Luke. Let's see where Caroline's drunken night will take her, shall we? ~Kelsea

5 comments to update!