Chapter 5

"What's wrong?" Luke asked Caroline, stepping closer to her and rubbing her arm. "You can tell me anything, you know?"

"Nothing, you big scardy-cat!" Caroline shouted before she ran down the hall, a huge grin on her face.

Luke rolled his eyes before running after her. "I am not a scardy-cat, Carol!" He looped into the kitchen, but froze when he saw what his fiancee had in her hands. A hose from the sink faucet, dripping little beads of water on the floor, forming a huge puddle beneath it. Caroline's hand reached out over to the sink and gripped the cold water tap.

"Not another step," Caroline smirked. "Or you're gonna get it." Slowly and cautiously, Luke raised his arms in the air, but then, with a smirk, he stepped forward. Caroline burst out laughing. "You're an idiot!" she said as she switched the water on and sprayed Luke.

Luke was laughing as he tried to fight the water. "Baby-"

"What? Stop? Nah, I don't think so," she giggled.

Finally, Luke reached the faucet, but only after he was dripping wet. He looked at Caroline, slowly he walked towards her with his arms outstretched, looking as if he was inviting her in for a hug. "Come and give me a hug, baby."

"No, stay away from me!" Caroline laughed as she stepped back. Luke then took off after her in a full sprint, Caroline booted it up the stairs. Luke was still hot on her trail. She ran into the bedroom and tried to close the door, but Luke slipped his arm through the crack. Caroline took off for the bed and hid under the covers, while trying not to laugh.

Luke slipped through the door before closing it. He locked it and then casually walked over to his bed. "Hmm, I wonder where that beautiful blonde disappeared to, I guess I'll never know," Luke said a little too casually. He ripped the sheets off of the bed and jumped on top of Caroline, the both of them laughing as he did so.

Caroline and Luke were now both equally wet. "Great, now I'm cold," she muttered.

"And you think I wasn't?" Luke laughed. "You're crazy!"

Caroline smiled at Luke and rested her hand on his cheek. "I love you, Luke. So much, forever always."

A small smile appeared on Luke's face. "Awe, Carol, I love you too," he whispered as he slowly kissed her. Luke then finally let her up. He stood up and took his shirt off and got a towel from the washroom to dry himself off.

"So, what do you want to do tomorrow? I'm thinking just you, me, and the kids all go out and enjoy the nice weather before I get back out on the road. Take Pappy for a walk. You know, just some family time," Luke proposed.

"I don't know, I kinda just want to spend some time with you," Caroline told him. "I mean, get over this little bump in our relationship, talk over the Brett problem."

"Brett problem?" Luke said in a confused tone.

Caroline sat against the bed frame. "Well, what am I suppose to do? He'll be back. And maybe he'll try and win my heart, you know. Nah, there's no way he's gonna win me over. But, Luke, what if he tries?"

Luke slipped under the covers and let Caroline lay her head on his shoulder. "You have a family, there's no way he could come back. A man wanting to be with a girl that already has a baby and somebody who loves her? That's crazy. I've never met a man who wanted to be the father to someone else's kids. I'm lucky I met a woman who would."

"That's sweet, Luke, but I'm actually scared," Caroline whispered.

Luke was about to say something before his phone rang. "Hold on," he motioned for Caroline to be quiet while he answered his phone. "Hello?"

"What's going on?" Kerri's voice came through.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. His manager was always vague about things. "Uh, a little more information, please, Kerri."

"Why aren't you here? I thought Carter texted you? We have an interview for you to conduct for CMT," Kerri explained. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" Luke shouted.

Caroline reached over and rubbed his back. "Babe, the kids are asleep."

Luke sighed before continuing in a softer tone. "I have plans, Kerri. I'm taking my family out to the lake and then having a date night with my wife. I can't jus-"

"Okay, when do you have time? You need to be on the next plane out," Kerri cut Luke off.

"Kerri, I can't come at all! I want to be with my family!" Luke tried to inform her.

Kerri huffed through the phone. "You have until tomorrow morning, Luke, then we'll talk."

Luke through his phone across the bed and groaned in dissatisfaction. "I hate this part of my job so much! I never get to be with my family. I think I would've been better off without kids and someone to love."

Caroline looked away from Luke for a moment. She turned to face him again and ran her hand through his hair. "You're crazy if you think that, Luke. Everyone deserves love and a family. I'll talk to Kerri tomorrow. Besides, we need to talk. I want us to clear up every detail about the bumps in our relationship before you leave."

That was the problem, and Luke knew it. They never talked. He wish they could've had a normal relationship. One without the fame, the money, the lights, the fans. He wanted all of that to disappear, just for one day.

"You know, for once I just want to be a regular, normal person. I'm never gonna be just Luke or Thomas. I'll be Luke Bryan, tje famous country singer. I just want to know what it's like to be just another person going through the motions in life, not a care in the world. I want to be what I was as a kid, carefree. People didn't know my name, not until they asked."

"You'll get that back, baby. I'll make sure of it," Caroline soothed before kissing his lips gently and laying down to sleep.

Luke knew she would do that, but the question is how?

__________________________

A/N: Those CMT Awards were something, huh? So many photos. So. Many. What did you think of this chapter? They are back to being two lovestruck people, huh? Yay, I graduate! Woot, woot! It's about time. Also, what do you think Caroline will do to help Luke ease his stress? What about his plans with the kids? Will Carol convince Kerri to let her have her man? ~Kelsea

7 comments to update!