Chapter 10

Caroline was woken up from Bo's screams. She sighed, looking to her right and seeing Luke sound asleep. He was still in pain. She brushed her fingers through his bangs with a smile.

"I got this, baby. You sleep," she whispered in his ear, before pulling on a housecoat and walking across the hallway and into her son's room.

Caroline picked her nine-month-old and rocked him in her arms. Bo started giggling. She smiled at the happy boy, who resembled his father. He was going to be a handsome man, just like his daddy.

She always wondered what her son would grow up to be. She laid him on the changing table and gave him a fresh diaper before laying him down in his bed.

"Dada!" Bo exclaimed, making Caroline confused.

All of a sudden, strong arms wrapped around Caroline's waist. Luke was standing in only his boxers. "I know Bo needs you, but I can't sleep without my fiancée." Caroline turned to face him, tears in her eyes. Luke suddenly had a worried face on. "What's wrong?"

"Everything is perfect. Bo said his first word!" Caroline cried out, kissing Luke passionately.

"Dada!" Bo exclaimed, reaching for his father's arms.

Luke smiled as he took his son, cradling him. Caroline couldn't help but notice the smile of her fiancé's face. She loved her little family. She loved everything about it. Sure, Luke had gone through a rough patch in his life, with losing May and all, but that had all led up to what he had now.

"I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe that I'm marrying you in December, I can't believe we have Bo. This has been a crazy ride. I was scared that I was going to lose Kelly. After all the struggling I had to endure."

"I was scared that I was going lose you after that accident," Caroline said, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I love you so much. I didn't know what I was going to do. I was terrified that I would never get to marry you, or kiss you, or hug you. I was worried about what was going to happen to Kelly. I was scared that Bo would never get to know his daddy."

Tears welled up in Luke's eyes. Caroline shook her head and wiped them away. She didn't want him to cry. She didn't want to hurt him. Luke pulled her away. "It's okay, Carol. I love you too. I just can't believe I put y'all through all that pain."

"You don't have to, just live in the moment. You're here, that's all that really matters," Caroline tried to smile.

Luke smiled as he wiped his tears away. He laid Bo back in his crib and took Caroline in his arms. "I love you, baby. Thank you for being there and never giving up on me."

"You're too stubborn. I wouldn't be able to leave you, even if I wanted to," Caroline joked.

Luke chuckled before kissing her softly. "Come on, let's get back to bed."

Caroline nodded and followed him into the bedroom. They got under the covers, but Caroline couldn't find sleep. She looked to her right, seeing Luke snoring away.

She was thinking about the day before, when they were talking about her possibly being pregnant again. She shook Luke awake quickly.

"You okay, baby?" Luke questioned groggily.

"I want another baby," Caroline blurted out, then quickly covered her mouth. "Uh..."

"You what?! Caroline, no."

Caroline stared at Luke for the longest time before climbing out of bed and exiting the room. Luke sighed before getting out of bed and slowly walking into the living room, where Caroline was.

"You're not Luke."

"Caroline..." Luke whispered.

"The Luke I know wanted more kids. He wanted a big family. You're not him. You're not the Luke I fell in love with."

"I'm still here, Caroline. I'm still the man you love," Luke tried to reason.

Caroline turned to look at him. "No, you're not. You sounded angry when I told you I wanted more kids. Hell, you were angry when I told you how I felt about you."

"That's not fair. I was still getting over May. You knew how much I loved her."

"Yeah, but you don't seem to be loving me," Caroline muttered.

"Where is this attitude coming from?" Luke questioned her, rather annoyed.

Caroline stood there. "I get that you got hurt. I get that you aren't ready for more kids yet. But you don't have to be rude. And yes, I know you love me, but I'm starting to think I don't love you."

"What?" Luke whispered, his voice cracking. "Baby, please."

"I just need some time. My mind is going crazy. I'm sorry. I'm... breaking up with you."

"Caroline, please," Luke said, tears welling up in his eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. Please don't do this. Not again. I love you."

"I'm sorry," Caroline whsipered as she walked out the door, without a goodbye, she disappeared down the road. Gone forever.

Luke through himself on the couch. How did this happen? He had to win her back. But how? And will she move on? Will he?

_____________________

A/N: You can all attack me whenever y'all are available. Anywho, sorry it's short, but it's about to be drama galore. Like Twitter, I guess. Anyways, let me know what you think! ~Kelsea

(BTW, check out my new story, I Never Liked You Anyways.)

7 comments to update!