Chapter 7

Kelly ran straight to the pool and jumped in. Caroline laughed as she chased her down. "Kelly, wait for Mama!" she called out to her daughter.

Luke was carrying little Bobo as he was dressed in a Little Swimmer and swim shirt, he had a life jacket with floaty arms around his chest. A woman came up to meet Bo. Luke smiled as he talked to her about his son, but he quickly said goodbye after seeing Caroline's death glare coming her way. After he cut the conversation short, he continued on to the kiddie pool.

"Babe, can you come here for a moment?" Caroline asked Luke while batting her eyelashes. He rolled his eyes and sat Bo down in the water before walking over to her.

"Yes, my love?" Luke asked with an annoyed voice.

Caroline pulled him down into the water and gave him a deep passionate kiss. Luke kissed back, his eyes fluttering shut and his arms wrapping around her waist. She slowly pulled out and looked at that other girl, who looked disgusted. Luke rolled his eyes. "She was eyeing you, Luke," Caroline tried to explain.

"Eyeing me? She wanted to talk to Bo!" Luke yelled.

The girl walked up to the side of the pool, jumped in and swam towards Caroline. "You're such a slut, kissing men like that!"

"Excuse me?!" Caroline shouted.

Luke gave the woman a dirty look. "Yes, what was that?"

"I'm so sorry, Luke, you don't deserve that. She just wants to show off," the woman sneered.

"Show off?! I'm his fiancee! I'm allowed to kiss him! I love him for Christ's sake!" Caroline yelled.

The woman laughed. "You wish he was. You're just jealous that I got this hot Daddy first."

"I'm sorry, but this man's son is actually mine too," Caroline said in the most polite way she could. She grabbed Luke's hand before they left to join their kids. Luke felt bad, Caroline was right, she was eyeing him. Caroline was just trying to protect him from getting hurt by her and herself.

Caroline could tell something was off with Luke. He barely acknowledge her or the kids and he would occasionally help Bo resurface. Caroline told Kelly to go sit down for a bit before she swam to Luke and grabbed his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. That was wrong of me to do. I shouldn't have made out with you and then fight afterwards with that girl. I just wanted to make sure she knew you were mine," Caroline apologize.

"I'm not your property!" Luke shouted, tears brimming his eyes. He grabbed Bo and left the pool, heading straight to his room in the Resort and packing his stuff up.

Kelly and Caroline were both equally as shocked. Caroline looked down, tears running down her face. "I'm sorry, Luke. I just love you so much and I don't want to lose you. But, I guess I did lose you." Caroline quickly jumped out of the pool and grabbed Kelly. They were suppose to go on a romantic date, but now, she wasn't sure if that was still gonna happen. She wanted to kill the woman who tore Luke away from her.

Luke was racing down the road, tears in his eyes. He was clumsily texting Carter back and forth. Bo was fast asleep in the back of the truck.

Carter was ignoring Luke's texts ever sonce he told him to put the phone down. He knew Luke was hysterical and didn't want to be party to what could be a horrible accident.

Before Luke could swerve or even do anything, a large truck, a semi, hit the side of his much smaller pick up. The airbags burst. Luke felt the pain travel throughout his entire body and he knew he broke more than just his bones. But he tossed his pain aside. Je was more worried about his baby boy, but before he had the chance to look, he was out cold.

"What?! Where is he?!" Caroline shouted through the phone after she had gotten the call.

She grabbed Kelly and rushed to the hospital. She had tears in her eyes and she couldn't stop blaming herself. Luke left because of her and now she wasn't sure if she had lost her two boys or not.

They sat in the waiting room. Kelly didn't understand why they were there. She did understand, however, why her mother was crying. Caroline couldn't help but think that she would lose Kelly as well as Luke if he didn't make it. She was so torn. Kelly wasn't legally hers yet.

A doctor finally approached Caroline, bringing her some news. "Luke is currently undergoing some emergency surgeries and Bo is in the recovery unit. Bo should be just fine, as he wasn't hit and wad only hurt from the movement the vehicle had taken. Luke, however, is in criticle condition and we have small hope that he'll make it, but it's not likely."

"Are you saying that I might lose the love of my life?" Caroline asked, choking up.

"It's possible, but just keep hope and he may make it," the doctor answered before leaving.

Caroline wiped the tears away and closed her eyes, folding hands together in a pray. "Please, God, don't take my two boys away. Neither of them deserved this. I know I should be punished for claiming Luke was mine as if he was a toy, but don't punish me like this, let my two boys live, amen."

"Mama?" Kelly looked up. "Is Daddy gonna be okay?"

"I don't know, sweetheart. I really don't."

Caroline sighed as she walked back into the room at the resort. She wanted to be at the hospital for Luke and Bo, but she figured it'd be better if she took Kelly back and kept her mind off of everything.

She helped Kelly bathe. She screamed the entire time, wanting her father to wash her. "Daddy's better at giving baths!"

"Kelly, your father is in the hospital, he can't give you one. And you need to be quiet for our neighbours here," Caroline tried to explain to her one-year-old.

After she finally got Kelly cleaned and into bed, she dialed up Leah's number and laid in her empty bed.

"Hey, Carol! How's Nashville?" Leah asked.

"Well, my vacation wad nice until Luke and I got ourselves into a fight," Caroline stated to her best friend.

"Oh?" Leah's voice sounded. "What happened?"

Caroline took in a deep breath, trying to relax herself so that she wouldn't cry. "I saw some girl checking him out. She wore a skimpy bikini and it looked as if she was trying to get laid. Well, Luke was her target and she used Bo as her excuse to talk to him. He was oblivious to the fact that she wanted to sleep with him. Once they were done talking, I proved once and for all that he was mine and kissed him hard. He was pissed off, said I wasn't his property, and took off. He must of been a mess afterwards, because now him and Bo are in critical condition."

"Oh, Caroline! I don't know what to say," Leah gasped.

"Just tell me my son and the man I love will be okay,"Caroline said just above a whisper.

Leah sighed. "I'm sorry, Carol, but I can't promise you anything. Just have faith."

_________________________

A/N: Uh, oh. What will happen next? Will they survive? How will Caroline cope? Will they make up? What about their date? How will Leah support Caroline and Kelly through this? Let me know what youthink! ~Kelsea

7 comments to update!