His Assistant Chapter 26:

Justin's P.O.V:

A heavy sigh left my lips as I turned onto my right side, kicking the comforter off my body with my short legs.  My head hurt from all the thinking it had been undergoing and my eyes were sore from having to keep them open for so long.

I just couldn't sleep.

I licked my lips, my hands running down my face as a set of individual words echoed in my ears, boggling my head more and more every passing second.

Why was I overthinking this so much?  Why was I allowing my thoughts to be controlled by someone like him?  Did I not trust Jason enough to constantly be thinking about what Bryan had said earlier.

"Only fools fall for him."

I groaned loudly in frustration, throwing the sheets completely off my body and standing up to my feet. I shivered instantly once my bare skin met the cold, hard floors. 

Placing both my feet into my warm black slippers, I pulled down my
t-shirt, grabbing my phone from the nightstand to see what time it was.

Pressing the home button of my gold iPhone, the screen instantly lit up, showcasing a picture of me and Jason. I was sat preached on his lap like a kitten, his right arm curled around my petite waist, pulling me tightly into the warmth of his chest, while I smiled like an idiot in love at the camera.

My heart fluttered at the memories that flashed through my head in a quick second, the times we spent at the treehouse; a few days back flashing in front my vision.

Peeling my eyes away from the happy picture of us, I glanced up to read the time written on the screen, my lips parting in shock.

2:16 a.m.

At this time, I'm suppose to be wrapped up in my cozy sheets, cuddling to my pillow and sleeping in content but as of right now that was far from the case.

I licked my dry lips, my mind
re-running a thought multiple times before I came to a final conclusion and decided why the heck not. I could go out of my way for once, if this counts as something like that.

I never imagined myself doing such a thing but looks like certain people in your life can change the way you do certain things. Quickly walking to my closet, I didn't bother the thought and threw on a simple blue hoodie on and black sweatpants after disregarding my pajamas.

Putting on some warm socks, I slipped on my Adidas sneakers and tied the laces lazily before walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face swiftly. I was in no hurry but I was a bit lazy and well... impatient.

For my messy, caramel colored hair I didn't bother the effort and tamed it down with my fingers, grabbing my keys and heading out the door to a place I'd never find myself going to at this time of the night.

|| || ||

I tapped my right foot on the ground impatiently as my teeth furiously tugged at my lips, my mind only thinking, was this a bad idea? My eyes looked up from my shoes to the door and then back at my feet. What the heck was I doing here? I knew I shouldn't have came.

My stomach turned upside down and my breath hitched once the door opened, revealing my handsome, tired boyfriend, dressed in only a light pair of red sweatpants. My eyes trailed from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet, seeming to enjoy the sight presented in front of me more than necessary.