His Assistant Chapter 12:

Justin's P.O.V:

Jason had left a few minutes ago to attend the important meeting, that was taking place in boardroom today. My heartbeat was still pumping at an irregular pace as my mind still tried to wrap around the fact that Jason was going to take me out tonight. On a date. Our first date.

My fingertips were shaking, my insides all bubbly as I was still blushing about the last, sweet kiss we shared before he left.  Taking a deep breath, I looked at the clock on the wall as it read 4:12. Jason told me that he would come to pick me up around seven, so it was still early to start getting ready. I tried to surpass the large smile on my face along with the loud beating of my heart but was unsuccessful, taking in a deep breath and laying down on the couch.

I was debating on whether or not I should share my excitement with Isabelle since I hadn't talked to her since me and Jason left to Seattle. I wanted to tell her about how happy I was, but something held me from doing so because I knew she was not going to take it well. I haven't spoken about his proposition either and if I told her about what he wished to do, she would have told me I was doing wrong and was going to end up broken.

Isabelle has been my best friend ever since I've known and I understand that she wants to protect me and keep me from getting heartbroken but who am I to listen when my love is speaking for it all. I sighed, running a hand through my hair and looking up at the ceiling, I fluttered my eyes close trying to imagine how magical this night would go.  Questions circled my head as I bit my lip, thinking about the words he had spoken to me that night.

My answer was partially ready and I was willing to take this journey with him, but I couldn't deny the hurt of being hidden away as that was pinching my heart.  Looking down at the popcorn scattered floor I giggled, blushing at the previous events that had taken place. With a deep sigh and red colored cheeks, I rushed to get the broom and clean up the place before getting ready for tonight. Where was he going to take me and what was I suppose to wear?

I didn't want to look too laid back or too casual and I hated him for denying on giving me any sort of hint. Once I had cleaned the living room up happily, a smile was on my lips the whole time. I don't think I've smiled this largely in my life before. It was around 4:30, that I jumped into the shower making sure to wash my body clean and smell nice.  I sang a song while scrubbing my hair in bubbles and letting it wash away.

Once I had been under the hot, running water for the desired amount of time, I turned the water off, wrapping a towel around my waist and resuming to brush my teeth, freshly.  Ruffling my wet, brown hair with another small, white towel, I walked into my closet. Looking through my clothing, I tried to find the perfect outfit to wear on Jason and I's first date.  It sounded different to say that but I liked it to say the least. Licking my lips, my eyes scanned my clothing as I grabbed the ones I was going to wear.

Changing into a clean pair of briefs, I slid my grey dress pants up my legs and adjusted my leather belt.  I wore a thin, blue stripped button up shirt along with a blazer and rolled up the sleeves. Spraying some cologne and putting on my black dress shoes, I began to work on my chocolate brown hair diligently, starting off with blow drying it. Spreading some gel on the tip of my fingers, I worked critically to style up my hair into a neat quiff, smiling at myself as it came out the way I desired.

|| || ||

Around 6:50 the door bell rang and my heart skipped a beat, my palms beginning to sweat.  I licked my lips nervously, my legs shaking as I proceeded to walk up to the door. Taking in a deep breath of air, my lungs tightened as I twisted the door knob slowly opening the door, feeling as if my heart was going to rip open my chest and fly out. My stomach knotted, my breath hitching as I saw Jason standing there, his hands in his pockets as he looked at me smiling.