His Assistant Chapter 20:

Justin's P.O.V:

Unlocking the door to my house, I glance towards Jason's direction one last time before getting in. He smiles softly at me and I'm well aware of the fact that he isn't planning on leaving until I close the door shut behind me.

Showing him off a calm smile, I wave, mouthing a 'bye' before finally shutting the door close and attempting on trying to gather up my mixed feelings and deep thoughts.

A deep, exhausted sigh leaves my parted lips as so many unanswered questions wander around in my head.

Running a hand through my messy hair, I walk into the kitchen to retrieve a glass of water only to shriek like a little girl and jump up high about thirty feet from the ground,

"H-holy s- god what are you doing," I scold, placing a hand over my rapidly beating heart as my eyes are still wide and shocked.

She chuckles, her light pink colored lips stretching out in a dangerous smirk as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"Waiting for you Mr. Jason and I are over but I'll still spend the night over at him."

I blush a light coat of pink as I nibble on my bottom lip, walking over to the refrigerator and getting out a bottle of cold water, only to swallow it all down in the matter of seconds.

"What are you taking about," I lie nonchalantly and hope she'll buy it but when it comes to Isabelle nothing goes past her way.

She laughs evilly and my mouth hangs open at the awful sound as I squint my eyes and scrunch my nose up.

"Don't play dumb with me Justin."

I shrug, still going along with my failing game as I mentally scold at myself for one, not knowing how to lie properly and two allowing her to have keys to my house.

"I did not spend the night at him."

She hums, nodding in disbelief as I roll my eyes at her, grabbing a red apple from the bowl and biting into it as I chew obnoxiously loud so I won't be able hear her annoying chuckles.

Hopping onto the counter, I begin to swing my legs back and forth and look down at my moving feet.

"And that's why you're wearing his clothing, am I right?"

I cough loudly, choking on the apple pieces in my mouth as I place my hand on my moving chest, my eyes widening as my cheeks flush a deep red.

Inhaling heavy breaths through my nose, Isabelle watches me as if it were the funniest thing she's ever witnessed. Such an amazing friend.

I look at her frantically and she smirks largely from ear to ear, pride washing over her features as she swirls her tongue inside her mouth.

Gulping down my bite and breathing in deeply, heat rises from my neck to my burning face as I avoid her gaze, playing with the ends of the large hoodie that covers my frame, the intoxicating rich scent of cologne filling my nostrils and calming me down in relaxation.