Save Me From Myself

"Natalia" Madam B purrs "You've been a bad girl. It is time you came back."

   Natasha and Clint dive in opposite directions as the girls begin shooting.

   Natasha fights the fear creeping up her neck and aims her gauntlets at Madame.

   "Come now, Natalia" The older woman scolds "Your hands are still stained red."

Natasha doesn't look at Clint.

"On the other hand, if your still as good as I remember, maybe you do belong on our side." Madame sneers at her.

Gritting her teeth, Natasha's gaze shifts to the low ceiling of the hall, and she fires. The drywall falls in chunks and creates a dust cloud.

Clint takes the lead and they run down the hall.

"Are you alright?" He pants.

Natasha shoots the lock on the metal door ahead of them and kicks it open.

"Clearly not" The archer mutters.

"Oh my-" Natasha catches her breath, in horror.

The room seems to serve multiple functions. Part of it is set up like an office with a whiteboard and cork boards covered in notes and pictures. The other half is a training ring, with bags and grappling dummies.

A computer screen runs a loop of a fighter dropping from the roof and taking out an older businessman, in one motion.

Clint recognizes the style of the fighter at once.

It's Natasha!

He wrinkles his nose in disgust as the man in the image sinks to the ground his blood pooling around him, again and again. Around them, step by step photos of various killing maneuvers cover the walls, complete with notes in black marker.

"They've been studying me!" Natasha spits.

She lurches toward the wall and begins to tear them down, an overwhelming shame drowns her and the tears that are so hard to come by fall freely.

"I can't get away from it!" A photo of a younger steely eyed Natasha is crumpled and flung at the far wall. Natasha aims her gauntlet and shoots it for good measure.

"Nat, please calm down." Clint tries to reason with her "If they hear us-"

"I murdered people, Clint and they analyze and study it like I'm some kind of professional" Natasha gestures wide "All those I killed still hang over me and they're training those girls-" her voice breaks off into silent anguish.

Should he approach her? Clint hesitates a moment then wraps the red haired woman in his arms.

"Clint, I can't give you a happy life" she whispers "I'm not a good woman."

"Nat" Clint breathes in the scent of her hair "Your past doesn't faze me. I know you too well for that. I know you're a loyal devoted friend and you'd never go back to Hydra. Don't throw that away. We need you around. I need you. What on planet earth will happen to me if you're not around to deflect the bullets?"

Natasha manages a small smile.

Clint strokes her chin "Can I safely assume the Bartonoff dating train is back on track?"

"Bartonoff" Natasha asks "Why does your name come first?"

"What's the alternative?" Clint frowns "Romaton?"

    A sound from the hall calls the Black Widow away from Clint and she peers through the crack in the door.

"Oh, Prince of my heart?"

"What? WHAT?" The archer makes a vomit face.

Natasha points to the hallway where the sound of voices is getting louder "A little help?"

Clint Barton takes an arrow from the quiver and puts as much sarcasm into his voice as he dares "Coming, my sweet princess!"