More Genius Ideas

The evolution of your powers did little to affect you physically.

   Coulson' people theorized, or made "educated guesses" about your "condition".

"In summary, the force of your vocal emissions, directly correlates with the intensity of emotion" He would try and sound like a dictionary.

   Meaning?

   Coulson gets a resigned expression "Ask Jemma"

   As for controlling it, they had no brilliant ideas. So Tony, despite being put on the " no admittance, regardless" list, showed up at your window in full suit and called a truce.

   This sounds dangerous, Tony.

   Tony grins, mischievously "Of course it is. When have I ever had a plan that wasn't a little bit dangerous."

   "Are you ready?" Wanda nods at you.

   With rapid desperate strokes, you type your consent. But don't you dare say anything to anyone.

   "Promise" Wanda's expression is a little sad, and you wonder.

   And then you plunge into the world of your fears.

   You stand on Stark Tower overlooking a dismal and very post apocalyptic looking city. In the distance, the octopus symbol that represents Hydra, comes to life.

Steve appears at your side, and the others, Bucky and Natasha.

"We don't have to do this" you hear yourself say "Hydra can't do anything to you anymore."

"Yes we do" Steve and Bucky say in unison, their voices eerily similar.

"They stole my childhood" Natasha says, in the same voice.

"They tortured my best friend and killed the people who helped me." Steve echoes.

"They took my mind" Bucky says.

"They must be destroyed" they say as one.

Then one by one they dive over the edge in pursuit of their enemy.

You want to go with them, at least to make sure they're safe, but something anchors you to the spot.

The octopus makes a hungry sound and thrashes its tentacles at the three heroes.

Somewhere on your right, Clint appears "Y/N, they need our help!"

"But I didn't sign up for this. I'm not a hero, Clint!" You protest "What on earth could I do?"

"Use your powers" his voice gets that echoey dream- like quality and he vaults over the edge after them.

"They can handle it, right?" You reason with yourself.

Then a blood curdling scream echoes through the shadowy buildings.

It's Steve!

Abandoning your pacifism, you throw yourself into the street below "I'm coming!"

As soon as you touch the concrete, the Hydra monster writhes and reaches for you.

You open your mouth just as Steve calls out "Stand down, Y/N!"

The blast of your shriek hits him and he flies back into the octopus which disintegrates, promptly, and he disappears into the horizon.

"Oh, Steve! I'm sorry!" You yelp, containing your scream again.

"Steve" You run through the street, yelling his name. Dust from the destruction of the octopus, makes it hard to see.

   "Where are you, Steve?"

   "Right here" a silhouette rises from the concrete.

   It stumbles toward you, and when it emerges you shriek in horror.

   Steve frowns "What's wrong, Y/N?"

  "Did I do that to you?" Steve looks like he's been dragged, literally.

Steve looks confused and suddenly grabs at a stain spreading on his ribs.

   "Steve" you reach for him "I didn't mean for this to happen."

   Steve grimaces through his smile "No, no! It's okay. I'm-"

   "Fine" His knees give way and his voice fades.

   "Steve, what's wrong?" You kneel beside him.

   "I'm fine, Doll" his smile freezes in a grimace and his body goes limp.

   "That's not funny, Steve!" You shake him "Steve!"

   Something touches your arm and you swing wildly.

   You open your eyes and Wanda stares down at you "Y/N, are you okay?"

   You leap to a siting position and cover your face, pushing them away.

   "For the record, that was the creepiest thing I've ever seen." Tony settles on your bed.

   "Can you give us a minute, Tony? I'll call you if I need you." Wanda says.

   "Excuuuse me" Tony helps himself out.

   "Y/N?" Wanda touches your shoulder.

   "Don't touch me" you snap, sending a sharp shockwave in her direction.

She absorbs it into a red wave of energy "Don't be angry with me, Y/N. There's a lot going on in your head right now. We need to clear some of it."

   I'm not in the mood, Wanda. You type, furiously.

   She holds her hands out in front of her in a defensive gesture "I'm not leaving, Y/N. Let me help you!"

   You've only done more damage.

   Wanda grabs your shoulders and meets your eyes "Listen to me, Y/N. Do you want to fix this problem or not? You have to help me."

    Leave me alone!