Unstable

"Pepper?" You catch a glimpse of the red haired woman in the hall "Can you help me with this report?"

   She turns to face you and stumbles a little "Whoa, that was... odd."

   You frown "What was?"

   "Are you using your powers, Y/N?" She grips the table top in white hands.

   "Not that I'm aware" you speak facing her and you can physically feel the sound waves vibrate in the room.

   Pepper stumbles backwards trying to keep her balance.

   "OMG! Pepper, I'm sorry!" You lurch toward her, but she seems to fly backwards "I can't control it!"

   Pepper lands in a heap on the floor and groans.

   You rush to help her, but she stops you with a hand.

   "I'm fine, Y/N. Just.. don't speak."

   You obediently press your lips together.

   "I don't know how it is for you" she gets to her feet, "but on this end your voice packs a punch."

    "I-" you begin, but catch yourself, and opt for an apologetic shrug.

   "Here" Pepper pulls up a holographic screen and a keyboard materializes in front of you.

   I don't know what happened, you type, I didn't even realize I was using my powers.

   "Do you mind? I'd like Tony to look at this."

   Pepper laughs at your stricken expression.

   The same guy who created a killer robot?

   "Would you rather have Bruce instead?" Pepper laughs.

   The other creator of the killer robot?

   "Fine, smart alec. I'll see if Phil can send one of his operatives out her."

   Oh, thank you, you make a face, that's sooo much better!

- - - -

   "That is {Captain America Issued Language} awesome!" Tony laughs out loud.

   You frown, You try it, Brainiac!

   Agent Jemma Simmons puts a hand on your shoulder "I can't really help you with controlling it, but we can give you all the information we get."

   I'm sure that will help.

   The words are kind, but Pepper reads your sarcastic expression, and elbows you in the ribs.

   The short yelp that escapes your lips rattles the high tech equipment in the room and makes everyone including yourself lose their balance.

   "And I thought we had only one Quake" Director Coulson mutters.

   "Its Siren, actually." Tony corrects him "Romanoff picked it out."

A strange look comes over the Director's face "Maybe Agent Romanoff has a point."

What's that mean?, You demand, What did Nat say about me!

Agent Coulson offers a weak smile, but no explanation.

Simmons speaks first "Don't mind him. He always gets this way when he's thinking."

That's not at all reassuring!

"Sorry" Simmons shrugs "Its the best I can do."

"Y/N" Agent Coulson turns toward you "Would you mind spending sometime here?"

If you think it will help.

"I'd like to find out."