31. I hate Puzzles.

It had been four surprisingly fun days as I recovered from my surgery. The boys had snuck in a ps4 and connected it to the tv the hospital had, I had thrashed them all at cod and the now had to call me the sexiest girl that ever walked this earth for the first week of school.

I just couldn't wait now.

Toby hadn't woken up yet which worried me, but I wasn't allowed out of my room to see him so I had made the nurses promise to tell me if he woke.

I also found out that the nurse named Shay was the one in charge of me, I used this to my advantage, and she just glared whenever I asked her to get me something.

I was living like a queen.

"Visitor Jackie," Shay said bluntly and Zac walked in with a smirk on his face holding a bag of popcorn and The Avengers.

"Oh my fucking god, I like love you so much right now," I grinned at the movie.

"What do you like the avengers or something," he smiled rolling his eyes at my massive grin.

"Are you kidding me, The Avengers are the bomb diggity," I smiled happily.

"Jackie never say bomb diggity, that's just not cool, and never will be," he chuckled.

"I don't care," I started sticking my tongue out at him, "just put on the movie."

"So Jesse does pick good movies," Zac smirked putting the disk into the ps.

"Jesse?" I asked confused, he hadn't visited me at all, Blake had told me that he just didn't like hospitals. I had a feeling there was more to it though.

"Yeah, I asked him what he would do if he actually came into the hospital, he replied a movie and popcorn," he laughed.

"He likes avengers as well?" I asked still slightly confused.

"Well I was going to pick a horror or chick flick but Jesse said you'd probably like avengers better," he smiled.

"Well I wouldn't let you put on a horror because I have to sleep in a hospital, alone and chick flicks are so boring," I groaned.

"Well thank Jesse when you get out," he smirked and pressed play on the movie.

**

Halfway through it I must of fallen asleep, and I was woken by a very rough shaking. "Toby's awake," Shay snapped happy that she annoyed me as I glared at her.

"Well you don't need to shake me so fucking hard do you," I snapped rubbing at me eyes.

"Sorry," she said unapologetically.

"Crazy bitch," I muttered as she walked to the door.

"Annoying cow," she muttered back and left, see how the hell did she get a job at caring for people, she's crazy!

"Did she really just insult her patient?" Zac chuckled getting off the floor where he must of also fallen asleep.

"Yeah, it's fun annoying her," I smirked sitting up so I could try to stand.

"Woah, nah uh Jackie your not suppose to be standing," Zac said firmly standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Either you help me go see Toby or I'm going to see him by myself and probably die along the way," I said but he wouldn't move and I couldn't get up with him standing there.

"Or I could stay here an not let you leave," he added.

"You could, but I'd probably tell Chloe that your hopelessly head over heals for her and you can't stop staring at her," I smirked proudly as he frowned.

"I do not stare," he defended.

"Sure sure Zachary, but we all see it except Chloe," I grinned and he sighed helping me up.

I flinched as the still healing wound had pressure put onto it, it felt like I was being stabbed all over again, and it hurt.

"You okay?" Zac asked concern in his voice.

"Yeah fine," I said rather breathlessly and pushed through the pain leaning on him.

"Jeez that hurts," I muttered as we ducked out way out of my room and down the hall to Toby's room.

"Wheelchair?" Zac smirked and I grinned sitting on one o the chairs that were in the halls.

Zac pushed me into Toby's room as quiet as he could, Toby had his eyes half closed and his face pained. I stitch was on the corner of his eyebrow and the cut on his head was still red. A bandage was wrapped around his naked torso showing faded scars that made me wonder how they got there.

"Toby, your not dead," I greeted and he smile up at me trying to hide his pain.

"Gee thanks Jackie," he smiled rolling his eye at my greeting.

"Hey Mr Taylor," Zac smiled pushing me further into the room next to Toby's bed.

"Hey Zachary, so Jackie why are you in a wheelchair?" He asked confused.

"It hurt to much to walk so I'm using a wheelchair," I shrugged.

"Wait what happen to you?" He questioned still confused. I pulled up my green hospital shirt that I had insisted I'd wear due to the no ugly hospital dress Moto.

"When I stopped my bike to get up and see if you were okay my bike exploded and a piece of it went into my back and punctured my lung, it hurt like a bitch," I said smiling sadly that my bike was fully gone. My poor baby.

"Was yours rigged to?" He said narrowing his eyes at nothing in particular.

"Yeah, but I can't get the police to investigate as it was an illegal event," I shrugged.

"I couldn't control it, my bike I mean, and the next thing I know I'm air born and went smack into the barrier," he said frowning.

"But hasn't things like this happen before Jackie?" Zac asked, "with the third time you came off your bike, you said that someone was there."

"Yeah there was and the threats on the notes delivered," I frowned.

"Well you can get the cops to look into the third time you came off," Toby suggested.

"Tired, but they say that the doctors already have them a reason to why I crashed, from stress and lack of sleep," I sighed.

"Well if anything else happens they'll have to look into it," Toby pointed out and I smiled.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Jackie!" I heard Shay call from somewhere in the hall, she must of noticed I wasn't there. Damn.

"Oh crap," I muttered smiling sheepishly to Zac.

"And who's that?" Toby asked with a smirk.

"My nurse that's responsible for me," I grinned and I heard her stomping footsteps get louder.

"I'm so going to get in trouble," Zac grumbled.

"Thanks for visiting Zac, I'll probably see you when I'm out as your most likely going to me banned from seeing me," I grinned cheekily and he just rolled his eyes at me.

"Jackie, what the hell do you think your doing out of your room, bed even, your not suppose to put any pressure on your back until we make sure that there will be no internal bleeding," she snapped glaring at me.

"I'm not, I'm in a wheelchair," I defended.

"Ugh, you are the worst patient ever," she grumbled pushing me out the door.

"Bye guys," I smiled t the boys as I was lead back to my own room.

"Uncontrollable freak," Shay muttered.

"Control freak and fun sucker," I muttered back causing her to glare at me pushing me towards my bed.

"Since you got out your getting yourself back in," she snapped storming out of the room and locking the door behind her.

"Or I could just pick the lock and go wheelchair racing down the halls," I said smugly to myself picking up a plastic knife left over from my dinner.

And this was how I discovered how fun wheelchair racing was.

**

Friday.

The day I get out, due to my 'stunt' yesterday I hadn't had visitors because Shay had banned me.

So in other words she had sucked the fun put of my day.

Again.

I pulled on my shirt as I still sat on my bed flinching at the pain it caused my back. It still felt as if I had something still lodged in there.

I swung my feet off of the bed cringing as they hit the floor and pain shot through me. I sucked it up and kept walking around my room to try and look like I didn't need to stay anymore that I already had.

Crashing down on my bed again I waited until someone told me I could go.

"Jackie Skye, well your X-rays were fine, no sign of enteral hemorrhage, so your good to go, but I suggest don't work yourself to hard," the young nurse from before smiled at me.

"Thanks..?" I trailed off waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Archie," he introduced.

"Well hopefully I won't be in the hospital to see you again," I smiled and Tabby opened my door stepping in.

"You ready to go," she smiled and I nodded my head.

"Just sign this and you can go," Archie smiled and I signed my name where he pointed.

"Thanks," I grinned walking towards the door to Tabby.

"Just wondering.. But where's Lola, I haven't seen her for a while," I asked frowning.

"She's been at Britty's," she told me walking towards her blue ford.

"Remind me to go car shopping," I pouted.

"What no bike?" She asked surprised.

"Maybe I'll beg my dad to get me both," I grinned and she rolled her eyes at me.

"What type of car have you got in mind?" She questioned.

"Sports car, maybe," I shrugged getting into her car and ignoring the pain in my back as I sat down.

"Cool," she smiled getting in and pulling out of the hospital car park and towards the dorms.

"When you open the door the first thing I'm going to do is sleep in my own bed, hospital beds are so uncomfortable," I grinned and she turned down some streets pulling up in the car park of our dorms.

"Do you need any help getting out?" Tabby asked as I flinched when I tried to get up.

"I'm fine," I assured her even though it hurt like crap.

"Come on, your allowed to be helped," tabby said rolling her eyes at me and helping me out.

"I could of gotten out by myself... Eventually," I said smiling an walking towards the dorm office.

"Oh darling your back, finally, Tabitha said you were in the hospital, what happened?" The lady asked concern laced into her voice.

"Had surgery, but I'm okay now," I smiled keeping my answer short.

"Oh and someone was looking for you, I think they wanted to drop something off," she smiled and I nodded.

Me and Tabby made our way to our dorm frowning as the door had been kicked in. My jaw dropped as I saw the inside, someone had trashed it and sprayed words like, slut, bitch, cheater and shank all over the walls.

"Who the fuck did this," I growled storming into each room to check them. They were all ruined, furniture was knocked over, all the glass stuff broken. When I walked into my room I sucked in a breath, my clothes were everywhere some ripped, my bed covers cut up and the words, I told you to leave, sprayed in red paint across the wall.

I snatched my phone up calling the police, they had too look into this now.

"Hello, Jai police station, what's your problem?" The monotone voice asked.

"Someone, has broken into my dorm room," I snarled in anger picking up the clothes that weren't ruined and chucking the rest of the things that weren't broken into a suitcase.

"What is your address, we will send someone over to check it out," she said in the same tone.

"Jai, boarding school, dorm room 206," I said rolling my eyes at her tone.

"Okay, they will be on there way now," she said boredly and I hung up not caring if she wasn't done talking.

"Did you call the police?" Tabby asked popping her head through my door.

"Yeah, their coming," I sighed picking up my suitcases.

"Where are was suppose to stay?" I asked.

"I called Zac to come down and he offered us to stay on his couch, but he shares his dorm with Kain," Tabby shrugged running a hand through her hair and I pulled my suitcase to the front door.

"Okay, I'm going to call dad and ask I he can arrange something for us in the long term, because I am not staying in another dorm, this will just happen again," I grumbled and Zac opened the door slightly frowning at our room with a confused Jesse and Kain behind him.

"What happened?" Jesse asked looking to us.

"Some prick, broke in and did it," I huffed wincing as I started to hurt my chest.

"Didn't Trisha say that someone came?" Tabby asked and I nodded pushing through the door and too reception.

"Hey did you know who that person was looking for us?" I asked the brunette.

"No, he was wearing a hoodie and I couldn't see his face," she said frowning slightly.

"Well that basted ruined our dorm room," I said angrily.

"I'll tell the principle and get a new dorm for you," she offered and I shook my head.

"It's okay, I'm going to stay with a friend and get my dad to arrange something long term, we don't want another dorm," I sighed not really feeling safe being here.

"I understand, but I'll have to still alert the principle," she said nodding her head and a officer walked through the door.

"Are you here for the room break in?" I asked him and he nodded, I frowned slightly, he looked familiar.

"Yes, I'm officer Love," he said holding out his hand for me to shake. I face palmed myself realising he looked like an older version of Scott with the same brown hair.

"Oh, I know your sons," I smiled.

"Blake and Scott? How so?" He asked frowning.

"There in my classes, so is Britty," I smiled.

"Brittany? You must be her friends that she's babysitting that little pup for," he smiled.

"Yeah, Lola, I've been in hospital and Britty been a big help with looking after her," I smiled back walking down the halls to my dorm.

"So is this the first time this has happened?" Officer Love asked.

"Well, this yes, but a few weeks ago someone made me crash and last Friday someone rigged my bike," I explained walking to the group that were talking about something but they stopped once they saw us.

"Jesse, how your mother going with the fill in position at the school?" Officer Love asked.

"She's fine," he shrugged.

"That's good, now let me take a look," he said walking into the dorm and I pulled out my phone texting my dad to call me when he had the time. He had gone back to work on Wednesday but had left me with the keys to his hummer that was in the storage unit that I had rented.

And what a fun day it would be waiting for my dad to call back while I stayed with Zac and his roommate that still didn't like me.

I hate puzzles.

And this sabotage is starting to seem like one where we don't have enough of the pieces to solve.

<><><><>