16. Dad?

"You have got to be kidding me," I groaned as I smelt the too familiar smell of disinfectant.

"Oh finally your awake," someone breathed beside me an I cracked an eye open and saw it was my blonde bestfriend.

"What happened?" I asked looking at all the machines that were plugged into me.

"I found you on the bathroom floor you passed out from lack of blood," she explained yawning.

"Stupid blood," I muttered crossing my arms but realising my mistake as the cords on my arms pulled.

"Oh Jackie Skye right?" the nurse asked from the other day walking into the room.

"Yeah," I smiled wincing as it hurt my lips.

"Well your gravel graze has healed pretty good so we took the bandage off, but the cuts on your arms were pretty deep but they shouldn't scar, the scratches on your other leg have almost healed and your lip has gotten a butterfly stitch on it because it was pretty deep but give it a few days and it should be healed and you can take the stitch off," she listed off coming over and starting to unplug me.

"What about her bruises?" Tabby asked the nurse.

"They should be gone in a few days, the worst was probably the lip and your loss of blood," she smiled warmly.

"Did I get another transfer?" I asked.

"Yes you needed it. Now Jackie you can go home but I really don't want to see you back anytime soon," she said shooting me a warning glance and I nodded in agreement as she pulled out the last tube.

"Tabitha could you please make sure that she doesn't get into any more fights, she may be a bit dizzy because of the transplant but she should be fine," the nurse smiled at Tabby and I got up grabbing the cloths I was wearing before.

"Go get change I'll met you out the front," Tabby smiled getting up and walking from the room as I stepped into the bathroom.

I quickly got changed and slipped on my shoes, closing the door behind me I noticed a sitting figure on a chair near my door. The figure looked up when he heard the click of the door and smiled. I grimaced really not in the mood for dealing with him.

"Are you alright?" he asked and I swear it was real concern in his voice, ha who am I kidding he just must be a great actor!

"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled walking down the hall as he followed.

"Look I was going to ask you before, but I was wondering if you would like to come to a party with me tonight?" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Wait what day is it?" I asked looking for a calendar.

"Saturday," he smiled, "you've been out for the whole night."

"Shit..." I muttered.

"Yeah so do you want to go?" he asked again.

"Sure but only if Tabby comes," I said sharply.

"Well I'll text my sister the address and meet you there," he smiled and I reach the exit.

"Okay see you later," I said cheerfully walking to Tabby's car as Zac made his way to his bike.

"Bye," he smiled pleased and I climbed into the sweet air conditioning of Tabby's car.

"Why were you talking to my brother?" she asked turning on the engine as I fastened my seat belt.

"He invited us to a party I was going to ask Britty and Chloe to come with," I smiled as she drove out of the car park.

"Who's party?" she asked.

"No idea," I shrugged.

We pulled up to our dorm building and I got out smiling to the receptionist as I walked through. I slid the key into the lock and came face to face with my darling father who had his feet up on the table and was eating MY cookies!

"Dad!" I pouted glaring at the box in his hands.

"What their yummy," he protested shoving a whole cookie into his mouth.

"You so owe me a new box," I smiled hugging him.

"Hey I paid for your hospital bills! You should be happy," he returned the hug and continued to eat my cookies.

"When did you get here?" I asked sitting down next to him as Tabby wondered off down the hallway.

"This morning, your friend let me in, she showed me the cookies," he beamed childishly.

"I thought I hid them well," I muttered pouting.

"Honey you sucked at playing hide and seek what makes you think that you could hide cookies any better," he chuckled shaking his head.

"Did you cut your hair?" I asked patting his dark red hair that was a shade lighter than mine.

"Yes do you like?" He asked running his hand through his hair.

"Hmm, liked it longer," I said tapping my chin.

"Jesus you really need arm guards!" he said pointing to the scratches up both my arms.

"She seems to really hate me," I said matter-of-factly.

"I would hate to see what she looked like," he smiled stretching.

"Dad you know I don't like fighting, it wouldn't be fair either," I said giving him a sharp look.

"Yes I know darling with your martial arts and stuff... but you at least tell me you hit her at least once!" he said like a kid on Christmas and it was a good thing.

"Yeah I did right on the side of the cheek," I smiled proudly.

"That my girl," he smiled cheekily pinching my cheeks.

"You probably shouldn't be encouraging me," I pointed out looking at him disapprovingly.

"Probably but hey I can't help myself," he smiled his eyes crinkling as he did.

"So when do you have to leave?" I asked changing the subject.

"Later today sorry darling but I just came for the day, I have to fly out around five so I only have seven hours until I have to go," he said sadly and I stole one of my cookies back.

"So you'll be gone by seven?" I asked trying to hide my disappointment.

"Yes, going to a party?" he guessed.

"Yeah actually the first one since I've been here," I smiled, "besides the races."

"Are they legal?" he asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'.

"That's my girl," he smiled.

"You probably shouldn't be supportive about this either," I laughed shaking my head.

"Well too bad," he smirked.

"Can I take you too lunch so you can meet my friends?" I asked wanting to introduce everyone to my crazy dad.

"Fine but I'm not changing my clothes," he pointed out as I looked at his business suit that was crinkled and how he had bright pink socks on that I had brought him a few years ago.

"Your gonna look so formal in a sushi bar," I murmured.

"And since when did I care what other sushi eaters think of me," he pouted like a five year old crossing his arms.

"Well if they like sushi so much they might mistake you as a sushi and eat you... again," I smiled.

"That guy was on crack and he only bit my finger," he grumbled.

"That was hilarious," I laughed.

"You said you'd forget it!" he grouched pushing me off the couch.

"I can't it's way to funny," I giggled getting up and stretching.

"You should have a shower you stink," my dad chucked scrunching his nose.

"Fine but your next because you stink as well," I said sticking my tongue out at him and walking to the bathroom.

I jumped in shivering as the hot water hit my bare skin I grabbed the soap scrubbing myself, I felt really gross. I glanced down at my leg to see it had healed but on the other I had light scratch marks from Kate's claws.

I sighed looking to my arms that had more visible claw marks because they were deeper. And yeah claw marks, did Kate sharpen her nails or something?

That was one crazy girl...

I wrapped myself in the towel stepping out of the bathroom and drying myself off. I still had a scratch mark just above my eye and a little white medical clip holding my lip together.

I winced knowing that it would at least take another week for my wounds to fully heal, on the plus side I got to go for a ride. I smiled to myself and walked out of the bathroom and into my room where I found my dad lying on my bed like a starfish.

"Dad! your gonna stink my bed out," I pouted.

"What do you think would be the perfect place to live at?" he asked randomly.

"I'd reckon Paris," I shrugged.

"No I mean in Jai," he added.

"Well I do like the big farm houses that I drive past on the back roads but I'd reckon the beach view houses.. why?" I asked.

"Just wondering, you know those random things that pop into your head," he said standing up.

"Your such a weirdo," I laughed shaking my head.

"I was taught by you!" he called from somewhere in the hallway. I heard the bathroom door close and the shower turn on.

I turned to my draws pulling out some skinny jeans and a black vest. I quickly changed into them clenching my teeth a I put on the black lace bra that went over my bruises on my back.

I checked the time and realised that it was half an hour until twelve and flipped out my phone texting Britty and Chloe, you wanna go to lunch with me my dad and Tabs?

Sure when? where? Chloe sent back.

The corner sushi bar? around 12:30

Okay sure see you than:)

I started up the hall and walked into Tabby's room glancing around and noticing that Lola wasn't actually here.

"Where's Lola?" I asked Tabby confused.

"She's at Britty's," She shrugged looking up from her laptop.

"Okay well you wanna come lunch with me, my dad and the other girls?" I asked.

"Sure let me get change," she smiled.

My phone beeped and I glanced at it Can I bring my brothers and your dog? Britty asked.

Sure corner sushi bar @ 12:30:) I sent back tucking my phone in my back pocket.

I walked out and around the house in search of my dear dad and found him sitting on the couch again with slightly wet hair and his business suit more crumpled.

"Dad at least let me iron it," I frowned stealing his coat that was beside him.

"You can't iron things," he said shaking his head and getting up.

"Can so," I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Remember those socks you tried to iron," he said stroking his imaginary beard.

"Hey they were my rough draft," I frowned.

"More like your burnt draft," he snickers and I wacked him lightly in the back of the head.

He mumbles something under his breath before getting up and walking into my room. Minutes later his pants are chucked out and I snatch them up walking into the laundry where I had noticed Tabby set up an iron a few weeks ago.

I set to work spraying the pants lightly and running the hot iron over them getting the little creases out. I do the jacket to and turn off the iron smiling proudly to myself as there wasn't any holes or burnt patches.

"Done," I call chucking them in my room for my dad.

"Jackie are we going?" Tabby asked coming out of her room with her purse and keys.

"Yep," I smiled and dad walked out wearing his now uncrumpled suit.

"Happy now?" he asked gesturing to his suit.

"Yes very," I smiled grabbing my jacket and keys, I slid my card into my back pocket, opening the front door stepped out, Tabby and my dad following.

"So do you wanna come in the bike or go with Tabby?" I asked my dad as we stood in front of the two choices.

"Tabby do you mind me coming with you?" Dad asked turning to my bestfriend.

"Nah not a problem we will meet you there Jackie," Tabby smiled getting into her car as my dad got into the other side.

"Okay." I smiled and slid on my helmet with a smile.

My smile turned into a grin as I hear the rumble of my engine, I flicked up the stand driving out of the parking lot after Tabby.

It took me ten minutes to get there and I had purposely kept overtaking Tabby which every time I did she would honk her horn.

I walked up to the bench that I noticed Chloe sitting at. "Hey Chloe, have you been here long?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Only about a few minutes, where's your dad?" she asked looking around the stall.

"I may of cut Tabby off and slowed her down on the way here," I smiled.

"Your one crazy girl," she said shaking her head.

"Only a little," I smirked showing an inch with my fingers.

"Hey guys," Tabby smiled sticking her tongue at me my dad copying her actions.

"Hi Tabby, Daddy. Oh um Dad this is Chloe she just moved this week to Jai," I introduced him to Chloe.

"I'm Blake this is my brother Scott and my sis Britty," Blake smiled sitting down next to us.

"Nice to meet you guys," my dad smiled.

"The pleasures ours mr Skye," Scott smiled politely and everyone at the table snickered because he didn't suit being formal.

"Please call me Damian, Mr sounds old," he pouted.

"Because you are old," I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm only like 37!" He pouted.

"So 137?" I asked with a smirk.

"Says you look I can see your first wrinkle," he snickered and my hand touched my forehead.

"May I take your order?" The sushi girl asked our bench.

"Sure can I have two plates of California rolls inside outside, and an orange juice," I smiled and she nodded writing it down, before moving onto Chloe and the rest.

**

"Girls your coming with me to a party tonight!" I instructed giving them all a sharp look.

"Fine," they mumbled not bothering to argue.

"Be at my house by 6:30," I informed them as we moved outside to say our goodbyes.

"Okay see you than bye Jackie," Chloe smiled.

"Your dog, an I'll be there," Britty smiled handing Tabby the leash and walking with her brothers to the car.

I smiled and got on my bike. I did need some fun right now.

<><><><>