25. The Feather Design.

Monday.

Mondays in general, they all suck.

The worlds worst day of the week, ask anyone.

Knocking my phone on the floor hoping to shut it up I groaned rolling over. And picking if up switching off the stupid alarm.

My phone read four in the morning and I groaned rolling off my bed getting up and stuffing some nice clothes in my school bag before dressing myself in some old overalls and shirt.

Grabbing the rest of my stuff and running a brush through my hair I walked out of the dorms quietly and over to the storage units.

Unlocking mine I dropped my crap by the door turning on the lights and setting to work.

Thanks to the asshole that had cut my wires I had to rewire everything and replace all the scratched and broken parts.

All that was left to do was to fix my paint job, replace the break wire and fix the head light. And they said it would take months to fix, ha. It took me two weeks to get this far and the races were this coming Friday.

Well I had been waking up at four in the morning going to class late and coming right back here after school and staying till later than ten at night. Well what can I say, I love my bike.

I caught up with my sleep during class copying down some notes from Chloe, Penny an Kelly. And yes I admit I was still kinda avoiding Tabby and Britty.

Whenever I saw Britty though she just gave me a cold look, but truth is I didn't really care.

I yawned untangling the broken break wire with caution and chucking that into a bin behind me. I looked at my bike, it looked so bear the covering was gone making it look naked. Hehe naked.

I grabbed a box opening it and pulling out a brand new wire slowly and carefully putting it in place where the old wire had been, I frowned glancing at the small clock on one of the counters as it read half past five.

Even though it had seemed like a small task it had taken me a hour, the same for the rest of the wires that I had to replace.

Getting up I grabbed a sheet of paper, I sat on one of the stools thinking of a new design for my paint job. Every time I crashed and my paint job was damaged got it resprayed with a new design over the tank plastic cover.

This was my twenty first design that I would have to be drawing. I sketched absentmindedly and yawned as my missed out sleep was slowly creeping up.

After about two hours of randomly drawing patterns I gave up finding nothing that I liked enough to actually put on my bike.

Deciding to get changed for school I stood up stretching and shoving the doodles into my school bag pulling out my clothes.

I didn't have to wear my bike gear so I had chosen a loose black shirt and some mini shorts paired with my black converses.

Not bothering with make up I put my hair up into a messy bun and closed the door of the unit behind me heading off in the direction of the school.

I walked slowly glancing at my phone when I was maybe a few metres away from school. I rolled my eyes as it read just past nine and I was half an hour late. Oh well.

Walking into the class without a second glance or an explanation at the teacher who was explaining something with algebra, I took the empty seat next to Kelly.

"Fashionably late like always?" Kelly asked with a grin shooting me a glanced and she typed away on her phone that was hidden from view.

"You know it," I grumbled lying my head down on the table and nodding off.

**

"Waky waky class is over," I heard someone tell me and I looked up to see and smiling Kelly still texting.

"I don't wanna get up," I groaned but picking myself off the table and heading towards the door after Kelly.

She chuckled at me shaking her head, "you know you really need to sleep more," she commented as we walked down the hallway and towards our next class, physics.

"Should, would, could, but not gonna happen," I yawned stretching again as we walked into physics taking a seat next to Blake and Kelly next to Penny.

"Still fixing it?" Blake asked raising an eyebrow at me as I yawned again.

"Yeah, should be ready for the race," I shrugged pulling out the paper that I had been doodling on before school.

"Hey guys," Chloe smiled sitting down on the empty table next to mine and Blake's.

"Hey Loe," Blake chimed using the nickname he had given her.

"How's it going Lake?" Chloe shot back and everyone chuckled at the bad nickname.

"Lake really?" Blake laughed shaking his head.

"Nah I think dummy fits better," Chloe smiled and I traced a heap of swirls on my paper shading the area around it creating a feather. Hmm it actually liked pretty cool.

Grinning I did two more different shaped feathers beside the first one adding the colour of my red, black and blue pen. I grabbed Chloe's pink pen adding in that colour and than grabbing Blake's for some reason orange pen.

"That looks cool, what's it for?" Blake asked gesturing to the sketch.

"About to be the design on my fuel tank cover," I beamed folding it in my back pocket for after school, or maybe I could drop it off at lunch....

"Hey Blake can you drive me somewhere after class?" I asked and he smiled nodding his head as the dreaded Mrs Hoyt walked into class. Wait isn't this physics?

"Class take your seats," she snapped at everyone.

"Mr Bentley is sick so I will be taking your class," she said grumpily folding her arms over her chest.

Oh what joy.

**

Lunch couldn't of come sooner I was too excited with my design and as I practically ran out to Blake's waiting bike I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

"Excited are we?" He chucked passing me his helmet.

"Just a bit, can we drive by the storage units I gotta pick up the clothes for my bike," I smiled slipping in his helmet and climbing into his bike.

"Clothes?" He asked raising a questioning eyebrow at me.

"Yes my bike looks naked when the covers are off so they make it look like their clothes," I shrugged and he chuckled pulling out of the parking lot.

It took ten minutes to get to the spray place after I had picked up my bikes covers.

"What design?" The guy asked and I pulled out the sheet showing him.

"That on my fuel tank protector and the rest black," I told him and he looked at me.

"You know we usually paint it when the plates are on the bike," he pointed out a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah, it's getting fixed and I need to get the paint redone before this Friday," I smiled slightly and he nodded his head.

"I'll get them done by Friday morning, the design will be $200 as its fairly complicated and the rest will be $50, giving you a $250 total," he told me and I handed him the bills.

"Thank you so much I'll be back Friday morning," I beamed and handed him my details.

"Well were already late and I need food.. So Tacos?" Blake asked pointing to a stall down the street.

"Defiantly," I smiled my stomach begging for some actual real food that I've been missing for the past two weeks.

**

Two Tacos later we headed back arriving at school twenty minutes late. "I'm still hungry," Blake complained as his belly grumbled again.

"You ate six Tacos? How are you still hungry?" I asked and he shrugged as we walked into the humanities classroom.

"Are where have you been?" Mr peg asked his tone bored as I walked in hugging Blake goodbye.

"Taco," I shrugged glancing around the room, oh goodie only the seat next to tabby was empty.

Penny gave me a sad smile when I reluctantly walked across the room and sat down with a scowl on my face.

Maybe I could just skip? Ah I had just shown up that wouldn't of worked.

I smiled glancing at my phone as the screen lit up from a text. Me want TACO!!

Your an idiot.

But they were sooo yum!:)

You at six-_-" how are you still hungry?

Ima bigggg boyy now!:3

Your a dummy:')

Just go to sleep, I know your trying not to so you can talk to this sexy beast;)

Don't flatter yourself, but your right nighty nighty you dorky beast;)

Smiling to myself I leaned back on my seat tuning out the lecture.

**

"Come on get up you," someone said shaking me a little.

"Just let me sleep," I grumbled.

"You really need to go home Jackie," the person said again probably shaking their head.

"Fine," I grumbled back again opening my eyes to peek at whoever was talking.

I was met by Jesse and Scott smirking slightly as I stood up.

"Guys your so mean," I said grumpily walking to the door with the boys in tow.

"Well because I'm a good boy in going to class and Jesse can drop you off," Scott said before rushing off.

"Hey!" Jesse protested but Scott was already out of sight.

"You really don't have to take me I can walk," I yawned again walking towards the exit of the school.

"No offence Jackie but you look like your going to pass out," Jesse commented following me out.

"I prob-" I stared.

"Jeez I knew you were a slut but really? Jordan? Jay? Zac? Jake? Blake? And now Jesse?" Someone snarled.

"Wha-?" I started but was cut off again.

"Every single one of them you've left with, like seriously," they spat out again, turning my head slightly I realise it was just Kate.

"Seriously Kate, I thought I told you to get some better insults," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh please they aren't insults, their merely facts," she snapped.

"Not in the mood for your whining, I have better things to do," I said grumpily and continuing my way to the exit.

"Yeah because fixing your crappy bike yourself because your too poor to hire a mechanic is really something better," she called out to me.

"And I thought they were facts!" I called back walking outside with surprisingly Jesse still following me. Wait.. How did she know about my bike?

"I have my brothers car today," Jesse told me walking up to black Audi.

I didn't bother to question the car as I slid in getting comfortable and closing my eyes on the black leather seats.

I must of dosed off sometime after that as I woke up in my bed and the clock read ten at night. Groaning I rolled over switching off my alarm clock for four in the morning so I could actually get a good sleep.

I smiled promising myself that I would buy the parts for my bike after school tomorrow.

Yawning I snuggled up to my blanket and fell into another deep sleep.

<><><><>