Chapter 5 It hurts to be without him

*Chapter 5 It hurts to be without him*

*Kyle's P.O.V Next day*

My alarm buzzed for 6:00 am. I got up, stretched, and put different clothes on. Time for another day in hell (aka school), but at least it's Friday, I guess. I did my usual routine I do in the morning- get up, get dressed, brush teeth. I was about to leave it at that, but then I looked at myself in the mirror and thought about how I could be different from how I was yesterday. How could I make a difference with Allie? How could I possibly tell her that, to me, she's amazing the way she is? I don't know, it's stupid to think about and a lot of people say I shouldn't care, but I do and always will.

I finally arrive at school and I see Jax walking towards me.

"Hey, what's up?" He said with a smile.

"Hey. Do you wanna walk around for awhile? We still have 20 minutes," I said smiling back at him. He nodded and we walked. We talked about football most of the time. He knows that always cheers me up, but I just wasn't feeling it.

"Hey, I wasn't invited to this little hangout?" Max said with a puppy face.

"Well, we didn't plan this, it just kind of happened," Jax said laughing.

"Guys, I guess I'll talk to you later. I need to go to my locker and I want to get to class somewhat early. Thanks for the talk Jax and I'll text you or maybe, we can hang later. Max, I'll see you 1st period when you show up," I said with a smirk, waved and walked to my locker.

I was just about to walk to 1st period, then I saw Allie. She was sitting by the front office, waiting for the detention door to open. She might have a different look, but she's still the same Allie I know. Detention after detention. I started to walk towards her and then I turned around. I know she doesn't want to talk. She hates me now. It's like I have two sides and they are both fighting with each other. One side is telling me to go over there and the other is telling me not to. I end up right in front of her, looking at her. All I want to do is hug her, but I know I don't get that privilege anymore, so I just stand there for a few seconds.

"Um, may I help you?" She said, pulling me away from my thoughts and back to reality.

"Allie, will you let me explain, please. I need a chance," I said practically pleading.

"What did I say? I want you to leave me alone. I'm not your tool and I will never be your tool. We are not friends, Kyle. We are not anything anymore. I don't want to talk to you anymore. I just want to do my own thing and you do yours. Ya got it?" She said with tears in her eyes. I would like to take that pain away from her. She got up and started to walk away. I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back, looking her in the eyes. She gave me a death stare, pushed my hand away, looked me in the eyes one more time, and walked away. She will never forgive me, I should get that through my head. Time to try.

I walk into 1st period 10 minutes late. The teacher looks at me and points to my chair and his watch, but doesn't say a word until I sit down.

"Mr. Powers, do you know what time it is?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. I had to go to the, uh, bathroom." I lied. Classmates laughed and the teacher raised his eyebrow.

"See me after class, Mr. Powers," he said and finished with the notes.

When the bell rang, I went up to the teacher's desk and he pulled a seat up beside him and patted it. Wonderful, this is gonna be a while.

"What's up with you lately, Mr. Powers? You haven't been pranking me or talking back. You haven't been getting detentions and I know that's not like you. I was going to give you a detention for being late today, but I'd rather you just explain to me what's going on. I know I shouldn't be mad that you aren't pranking or anything and I'm going to regret this later, but I want to understand I guess you could say," he said looking concerned. I just sat there focusing on a picture in the back of the room. It was a picture of a lot of caterpillars and one beautiful butterfly.