Chapter 188 - July 9th (part 2)

Start from the beginning

I was sitting on the couch on Instagram, when I saw the picture of Chris and I, that he took.

@Cjack930 - Saying goodbye to SO many wonderful people today, but I'm really gonna miss this 'lil one. It's going to be weird not seeing my adorable God-Daughter everyday. @Abi_Miranda, a special happy trails to YOU. ❤️

I read through the comments and my heart felt really full.

@jullegryt232 - Lin made you her Godfather? That's so precious!

@GDubsss - It high-key just hit me that she's leaving too. Like. She won't be in any snapchat stories, or like, in any backstage pictures, or at the stage doors, or anywhere, and we're not going to have our little Hamilton mascot... I'm sad now. Thanks Chris.

I sighed a little. I was definitely sad to be leaving, and being here. It was the first place I really felt at home. The first place people truly cared about me, and the first place I felt safe. A text from my mom interrupted my train of thought.

Mom (to you and Dad):
I'm on my way. Lin, can you meet me outside please??

Dad (to you and Mom)
Of course V.

I smiled seeing those two texts flash up on my screen. They reminded me that even though the Richard Rodgers theater was the first place I felt safe, loved, and home in, in no way did this theater have to be the only place I felt safe, loved and at home. I feel safe at my apartment, my apartment is safe. I'm loved there as well, I have two parents and a brother, an actual family, and of course, I live there. My picture is on the wall, and my sweater is hanging by the door, my shoes scattered around in the living room. It was my home as much as it was Lin, Vanessa, and Sebastians.

"Hi Abigail." I felt the couch sink down a bit next to me, and Carleigh sat down, "so, did you get the job? At Sardi's? Or do you know yet?" She asked.

"Oh, I actually did!" I smiled.

"Really? When do you start?" She asked, smiling.

"Monday." I shrugged a little.

"Hey, one second." She pulled her phone out, "say it to the Hamilton Snapchat."

"Say what?" I asked, and she held her phone out, videoing the two of us.

"So, Abi got a job as a waitress at Sardi's," she said, to the camera.

"Mmhm, Monday's, Wednesday, and Friday's, from 11:30 to 5:30." I recollected, and she stopped videoing.

"So, I'll be there Monday." She told me.

"Oh! Really? Fun." I smiled. "I accept tips." I jokingly nudged her. "No, actually, don't tip me, they're starting me on more than minimum wage, I don't need too much money."

"I'll tip you if you deserve it." She smiled, and Andrew came over to the two of us.

"Wait, tip you? Does this mean you got the job? At Sardi's?" He asked.

"Mmhm." I nodded, happily.

"Okay, sweet, so, Carleigh, you're going on Monday, let's make it a group thing, put her through the ringer." He joked a bit, and I smiled.

"Sounds fun." Carleigh said.

"Sweet." He said, and ran off.

•••

"Mija?" I looked up to see my mom standing by the couch. 

"Hi." I smiled, sitting up straighter.

"Hi darling." She gave me a quick hug, and a kiss on the forehead. "C'mon sweetheart." She took my hand, and gently pulled me along to Lin's dressing room. He was sitting at his table getting his hair put into a ponytail.

"I'm so ready for this to be gone." He groaned.

"I think you should put it into two pigtails." Vanessa said to his hairdresser, and reached over, and split his hair a bit.

"Well, we put my mic in the ponytail." Lin pointed to the black cord in his hair.

"To clarify Vanessa," his hairdresser, Fred, said, "I'm with you on this."

"Yeah, honey," she smiled at Lin, "you could hide twice the mics, two mics! You could be louder." She added.

"Oh god." He sighed, shaking his head a bit.

"Don't shake your head." Fred said.

"Sorry." Lin said, and I giggled. "Shh," Lin started waving his hand around behind him, trying to find me, until he lightly smacked my face.

"Sorry." I laughed.

Lin finally finished with his hair and makeup, and was dressed and they called for places over the intercom.

"Okay. I'll see you two at intermission. I love you." He gave Vanessa a long kiss, and me a quick one on my hairline.

"Break a leg." Vanessa called, as he left for the show.

•••

Love y'all

Thanks for reading!

ONE MORE CHAPTER!

- Abi