Chapter 17 - Tuesday

I was at school Tuesday morning when I got called down to the office. I stood up and left my Spanish class and went down to the office. 

"Hi, I got a note saying I should come down?" I asked shyly, and awkwardly.

"Abigail Walter?" I frowned at the last name but nodded. 

"Yes, Mr. Shrum wants to see you in his office." The receptionist nodded towards the Principals office, and I walked in.

"Ah, Abigail, is it, Hamilton?" I smiled and nodded. "Please, take a seat." I sat down in a chair in front of his desk. "So, you have a 101% in Pre-Calculas. Correct?" He asked looking down at a file on his desk.

"Yes, I did a lot of extra credit work, it's my favorite class." I responded honestly, I truly do love math.

"Yes, so there is a student in your grade, he is in Algebra II and he is currently failing. He is also on the football team and for him to remain as such, he must bring his grade up to a C, minimum. We were wondering if you would be available to tutor him after school, every Tuesday and Friday. It would be a huge help."

"Of course, I would love to help, give him my phone number," I wrote my cell number on a piece of paper and handed it to Mr. Shrum, "tell him to call anytime! Or text with any questions."

"Thank you so much Miss Hamilton, so I'll tell him to meet you, where?"

"Oh, um, the Library?" I suggested.

"Perfect, today at 4:00 in the library, one hour? Does that sound good?" 

"Yeah, that sounds great."

"You may return to your class now, thanks again." With that I left, I hoped that this kid would be nice.

After school had ended, I sat in the library with a textbook and graph paper and waited for 20 minutes until a Sophmore aged boy, walked over to my table.

"You're Abigail Hamilton right?"

"Yeah, are you Josh?"

"That's me!" He beamed. And sat down. "So... I'm flunking math, can you help with that?"

"Well," I laughed, "what are you currently working on?" 

"Quadratics? I think, the one with the graphs that look like rainbows?"

"Parabolas?" 

"Yeah! That's the word!" I laughed again. 

For 40 more minutes we worked on how to properly use the quadratic formula, I told him that he needed to memorize it. And we agreed to meet up again on Friday.

At 5 I called the car that drove me to school, to pick me up. I sat on a bench in front of the school.

"Abigail?!" I heard someone shout my name, I groaned when I turned around, it was Nicks friends, you know that ones who beg me up a couple weeks ago?

"What?" I asked turning around

"I hear you screwed our buddy over? You called the cops at the party?"

"No, they came by themselves, and I didn't tell them about the insane amount of alcohol consumed by all of you, I had his back!" 

"Do you know" asked one of the guys and he swung his fist towards my face, he hit me and I fell back off of the bench. At that point the car pulled up and I ran back to it. I hopped in and it drove away.

To be continued...

Sorry it's so short and old, and crappy, actually just sorry.

Thanks for reading

- Abi