Chapter 93 - Hospital

All y'all are still being impatient, and I guess I'm giving in.
(Again, just kidding I really love you. 69k reads?? Seriously?!)

Lin's POV

Abigail finally slipped into unconsciousness after she had been fighting it for a while.

"What hospital?" I asked one of the paramedics frantically.

"Roosevelt." He responded, walking past me. It was like they didn't even care.

"Sir, can you come over here?" One of the paramedics in the ambulance asked, and I ran over to him. "What did she take?" He asked.

"Benadryl." I responded, running a hand back through my hair, getting it out of my face.

"Ok, how much?" He continued.

"I'm not quite sure, she just, like downed the entire bottle."

"So, you saw her attempt suicide? And just let it happen?" He asked, scoffing at me.

"No. Of course not, I got..." I started, but he cut me off.

"Sir, we really should go." He started to close the doors of the ambulance.

"WAIT! PLEASE! THATS MY DAUGHTER! YOU CAN'T LET HER DIE!" I yelled, but the ambulance was already going to the hospital. "Vanessa, come on, we have to go, come on." I grabbed her hand.

"Can I grab Seb really quickly?" She asked, and I nodded frantically.

"I'll be in the car!" I called after her, as she ran back inside, and I headed to my car in the parking lot. I got in and sat in the drivers seat. I held my head in my hands and cried more. This is all my fault. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Vanessa putting a sleepy Sebastian into his car seat, then getting in herself, next to me, in the passenger seat. I looked over at her, she was crying too.

I pulled out, and drove down to Roosevelt Hospital, it was about a 10 minute drive, too long, way too long. We finally got to the hospital, and went to the Reception desk.

"I'm looking for an Abigail Miranda." I said, as I got over to her desk.

"Alright." The receptionist yawned, and took a sip out of a can of Monster sitting by her. Relatable. She checked the computer, "she's in surgery," when she said that my heart dropped down to my stomach.

"For what?" I asked.

"Gastric suction." She responded, and I had a very confused look on my face.

"It means she's getting her stomach pumped." Vanessa said, and I looked at her dumbfounded.

"I thought you said you weren't going to be a doctor."

"I'm not, it doesn't mean I can't learn about it." She replied. "Do you know when she'll be out?" She asked.

"I don't, I'm sorry, usually it only takes about an hour." She said.

"Thank you!" I said, and pulled Vanessa over to the chairs in the little hospital waiting area. They were insanely uncomfortable but, since it was 4 am, I was insanely tired, and I fell asleep quickly.

•••

I woke up later to one of the nurses tapping me on the shoulder.

"Huh?" I said, sitting upright, I didn't realize that Vanessa was resting her head on my shoulder while she slept, so, as I sat up, she fell, and that woke her up.

"Your daughters out of surgery. It took longer than expected, we're sorry." The nurse said.

"Oh, it's fine." I rubbed my eyes, "what room?" I asked him.

"206, and by the way, she's asleep. You can wake her up anytime, just, she's asleep." He told me.

"What time can she go home?" I asked, standing up.

"After she has a psychiatric evaluation. Which can happen anytime, if you're in a rush we can wake her up and do that now, it shouldn't take more than an hour."

"No, it's ok."

"Ok, just tell someone when you want that to happen." He said.

"Thanks, we will." I said, and started up the stairs to the second floor. I got to her room, and quietly opened the door, she looked just like everyone does when they're in the hospital, younger, and like they've never done anything wrong. Like they're perfect. I pulled up a chair next to her bed, and so did Vanessa, who was still holding Seb.

"It's ok, she's out of surgery, she'll be ok." Vanessa said, putting her hand on my leg.

"I screwed up." I admitted.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"This is all my fault, she wouldn't of done this if I had been with her."

"You can't be with her 24/7, no one can, it's not her fault."

"What did we do wrong? What did I do wrong? Is it something I said to her, something I didn't say, something someone else said?" I rambled a little.

"I know it wasn't you, you wouldn't of said anything that would cause her to kill herself." She put her hand on my shoulder.

"But who did?" I asked, looking at Abigail. She looked so innocent in a hospital gown underneath the thin hospital blanket. She looked like she had never done anything wrong, then I realized she hadn't.

My 15 year old was a 5 year old in the body of a high school Sophomore. She wasn't rude to anyone, she never fought anyone back. She wore a lot of pink, and usually slept with Sprinkles, the giant bear William won her.

It was like the world was against her. Nothing had been going her way, and she not deserve what life threw at her, I'm not saying anyone deserved it, but, not my little girl. My little girl trapped in the body of someone much older, who could fight back. My little girl deserved none of this. She's my little girl. Mi Niñita.

Ok. It's 6:58 pm my time (Idaho) so, this is early. What do you guys think?

(All questions still open) I'll do questions when I'm not rushed to upload, they take a while

Thanks for reading!

- Abi