Chapter 106 - Pulitzer?!

"Hey kid. Up and at 'em" I woke up confused, this wasn't Lin, Vanessa, Seb or even Tobi. I opened my eyes to see Daveed.

"Daveed, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused. "Why are you in my room? Why are you waking me up?"

"I'm taking you to school." He said, "now, come on, get up."

"But, why?" I asked, throwing the blankets off of me.

"I'll explain in the car, now, get ready for school, I'll be in the living room." With that he left and I stood up to a familiar pain in my lower abdomen. It was sharp, somewhat stabbing, I clutched my stomach and groaned a little. I waddled around my room and changed for school, then grabbed a small pink bag from a drawer. I started my period.

I made it into the kitchen, after preparing for the blood that was going to be pouring out of my uterus for the next week.

"Vanessa, can I have Advil?" I asked, putting my small pink bag in my backpack.

"Sure, why?" She asked, going to the medicine cabinet and unlocking it. Of course, that's locked now.

"Um," I didn't want to say it in front of Daveed, who was standing nearby. I ended up just pantomiming stabbing myself in the gut.

"Oh! Sure!" She said, realizing, and handing me Advil with water, "keep the bottle for the day."

"Thanks." I smiled, putting the bottle in my pink bag.

"Come on Kid." Daveed grabbed my shoulders, and spun me towards the door. "School is that-a-way."

"Thanks Vanessa! Bye!" I called to her on my way out. "Ok, so what is this thing that you are planning with Lin and why does it involve you going to my school?" I asked, getting in the elevator.

"Just, hear me out. Ok, so, I'm was a substitute teacher, you know, pre-Hamilton." I nodded to show my understanding.

"Wasn't that in Oakland?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'm certified in New York as well, anyways, I called your school last night, asking if I could sit in on a couple classes, to feel out the school, to see if I could sub here." He explained getting in the drivers seat of his car

"Wait, you're going to school with me?" I asked, getting in the passenger seat.

"Not technically. But, yes." He said, pulling out of the parking lot.

"And, my principals cool with this?" I asked, I mean, Mr. Shrum didn't even call me by my correct last name.

"Well, yes and no. Mr. Shrum okay'd me sitting in on classes, but, he does not know who I am, or that I know you."

"Wait wait, how are you going to follow me around then?"

"I'm allowed, no, encouraged to see a variety of classes, so, I'm just going to go class to class with you."

"Sweet." I smiled.

"So, if anyone tries to pick a fight with you, nope." He pulled into my schools parking lot. "Come child." He said, getting out of the car, "where's the main office?" He asked, walking to the front doors.

"To your right." I said, stepping inside.

"I'll be right out." He patted my back a little, then walked into the main office.

"Abigail?" I heard a voice behind me, and spun around, Sarah.

"Hey Sarah." I smiled, Nicks ex-girlfriend just had to show up.

"So, I read an article about you yesterday, very interesting." She said, and I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly, "I mean, I can't say I was surprised. You were always in tears when I was with Nick, although back then, I thought it was your weight." She smiled a little, and I glared back. "Although, you lost that. Now you just look, sickly. I know what it is. You're anorexic." She spat, before I could say anything back, I heard a voice behind me.