Chapter 170 - Tonys (Part 3)

Fair warning this entire chapter is actual crap and it sucks and I hate it so much and it's awful and I hate everything and I hate myself I don't even know why I'm doing this. This chapter is awful I'm sorry you don't have to read it because it is actually horrific and a disgrace to Lin-Manuel Miranda. I freaking hate myself so much please you guys.

Leslie came out on stage and started singing a parody of Alexander Hamilton, I sat up a little straighter in my seat, seeing him dressed as Aaron Burr. I kept looking from the stage to my right, where my mom sat, ecstatic. The cameras sort of obstructed my view, but not enough so I could complain.

"That was a song from a little known musical that goes by the name of Hamilton." James Corden said, right as the song ended, and I started laughing, he continued making a few jokes about my dads musical, then transitioned into the opening number.

The beginning of the Tonys was a bit of a blur. I couldn't believe I was here, and then I started to get lost in what was going on, I couldn't help but grin when my dad came on at the end of the opening number, and he smiled back at me.

Everything was a blur, sooner or later, Andrew Lloyd Webber was introducing School Of Rock. I sat there, listening politely, until he said, "changes his life, and theirs forever." When I started crying. I'm not quite sure why, but, I did.

"Mijita?" Lin whispered, as I was bent over, crying, "are you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know why I'm crying." I admitted, then I heard Lin softly chuckle, and wrap an arm around me, pulling me to rest my head on his shoulder.

The School Of Rock kids did amazingly, seriously, after their performance, Lin had to go to do one of the 'Ham4Hams' although before he left, he excitedly told me Andrew Lloyd Webber was going to be playing the tambourine, which, well, sort of confused me, but, a lot of what dad did confused me. After he came back, Aaron Tveit came on stage, and my attention immediately went to him. They were announcing who won the Tony for best featured actress.

"And the Tony goes to..." Aaron opened the little booklet, and my heart seemed to stop, Renée deserved the Tony, she really did. "Renée Elise Goldsberry, Hamilton." He said, and my heart soared.

I spun around and saw Renée stand up, already crying, and walk down, I looked to my right and saw Lin stand up applauding, he seemed so proud, I jumped up and started cheering as well.

She thanked Tommy and Lin, and I immediately turned to my dad to see his reaction, and he just looked at her like she was the world, like Hamilton was all about her, like everything was all about her. By the end of her speech I was in tears, she was such an amazing woman.

Shuffle Along blew me away, Audra was simply amazing. Eventually Patina Miller came on stage and began announcing the nominees for featured actor in a musical.

"And the Tony goes to, Daveed Diggs, Hamilton." They announced and I shot out of my seat, ecstatic. I loved his acceptance speech, it was amazing, and his story about rainbow tights, was just, it was golden.

Carole King came on stage and I started mentally singing the entire soundtrack to Beautiful, before I felt Lin take my hand and squeeze if tightly. I looked up and she was announcing the nominees for best score. You wouldn't believe it but my dad was scared.

"Hamilton, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda." She said, and I grinned, I looked to my right to see my parents fist bump, which just made me happier, Lin stood up and before he went on stage, grabbed my waist, picked me up out of my seat and spun me around excitedly, then set me down and kissed my hair. I looked up and watched him go on stage.