Chapter 168 - Tonys

"Up and at 'em Peanut." Lin said, waking me up, "Tony day." I yawned, and sat up in bed

"What time is it?" I asked, grabbing my phone.

"6:30," my dad smiled, "I let you sleep in, we have a 7:00 call." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "That'll work." He nodded at my outfit, then I looked myself up and down. I was wearing pink fuzzy sweats and a t-shirt that says 'it sucks to be me' from Avenue Q, my hair was tied up in a knot.

"Are you joking?" I asked.

"No, Mijita, this is just the cast." He reassured me. "We have a dresser, she'll do your hair and makeup and get you like, cinched into your dress." He took my hand, and started pulling me out to the door.

"I'm wearing your slippers." I announced, stepping into them, as I was just in socks and his navy slippers were by the door.

"You're also wearing this." He said, and draped one of his sweaters over my shoulders, "because my daughter, it's cold at 6:30 a.m."

"Thanks." I smiled, pulling my arms through the too long sleeves. I wrapped my arms around myself, and followed him out to the car. We drove to the theater, and I saw everyone lined up for cancellation tickets for the matinee. Lin waved at everyone, he was really pumped up for a 7:00 call, I gave little waves, holding the edge of my sleeves.

"Okay darling," he said, grabbing my hand, "we are on the small bus." He pulled me inside of the bus to sit next to him. I pulled my phone out, to occupy my time. I was scrolling through Twitter when I saw a little drink holder be set on my lap.

"That's a large peppermint mocha, and a large Diet Coke, with ice." I looked up to see Chris climbing in next to me. "I didn't know if you would of preferred coffee or soda, so I got both."

"You didn't have to do that." I breathed, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well, Lin texted me and told me he was letting you sleep in, so I knew you wouldn't be getting caffeine, and anything for my goddaughter." He said, smiling.

"Thank you." I sighed, and reached up giving him a hug.

"And, we're going to the Tonys, we got Lin, Abi looking like she just woke up, coffee in hand,"

"Leslie what are you doing?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Vlogging." He smiled, aiming the camera at me.

"C'mon, I'm not wearing makeup." I groaned.

"Broadway.com, this is Lin-Manuel Miranda's daughter. She is very tired, as you can see because she has soda and coffee, also, Abigail is currently wearing a like, 7 year old sweater owned by her father, and a t-shirt informing us it sucks to be her? Which is untrue, because she's going to the Tonys!" He whooped

"Abi is going to sleep through all y'alls rehearsal. And the bus ride. So, yeah." I moved a little, and curled up, my head on Lins lap and my legs on Chris'.

"Goodnight Mijita." My dad said gently stroking my hair.

"Night." I yawned.

•••

We got to the Beacon Theater and I managed to drag myself out of the bus and into the theater.

"Where are we sitting?" I asked Lin as we walked inside the auditorium.

"Front and center kiddo." He patted my back.

"Literally, or, do we just have good seats?" I asked, as we walked through. "Literally, look, there's my face!" He pointed at the center seat where there was in fact a picture of his face. His seat was marked because he was a nominee.