Chapter 107 - If/Then

"Gotta go gotta get the job done! Gotta make this breakfast for my son. Take the pan off the skillet, take the pan off the skillet, stir up the eggs, I think I'm getting it! Through the night we have one shot to live another day, oh that ones burnt, I gotta throw it away!" I woke up to this. I think Lin's making breakfast. Because, he's singing about it. "I gotta get up close, seize the carton with milk in it! It's either that or meet the business end of a bayonet!" As he was singing this last verse I had made my way into the kitchen, and was standing there watching him. "Code word is Rochambeau! Dig me?" He looked at me, handing me 3 plates.

"Rochambeau." I replied, taking the plates.

"You have your orders now go man go!" He shooed me into the dining room, where I set the 3 plates.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled, coming back into the kitchen. "You're in a good mood, any specific reason?" I asked, pouring coffee into a mug.

"Nope. I just woke up happy." He smiled, patted me on the head, and skipped out of the kitchen with 2 mugs of coffee.

"Well. I'm jealous." I smiled, planting myself at the breakfast table holding my coffee very close to my mouth, inhaling it.

"RUN FREE MY OFFSPRING!" I heard Lin yell from Sebs room, and heard Sebastian start giggling and pattering down the hallway, to the table.

"Up! Up!" He squealed, holding his hands out to me, I laughed a little, and hoisted him up, and spun him around into his chair.

"I'll be right back little man." I hurried back into the kitchen, and grabbed Sebastian's food. "Your daddy made breakfast for you." I said, kneeling down in front of him with a spoon.

"¡Huevos!" He clapped, and I put some on the spoon and fed him while he was cheering for his food.

(Eggs)

"¡Sí!" I laughed, switching to Spanish, "Los huevos son ricos."

(Yes! The eggs are good)

"Sissy! Eggs!" He grabbed a mini-handful of eggs from his plate, and threw them at my face.

"Yeah Sissy!" Lin said from the entrance, "eggs." He went into the kitchen and grabbed a washcloth and handed it to me.

"Why does our daughter have eggs all over herself?" Vanessa asked, walking in and rubbing her eyes.

"Mama!" Seb squealed from his seat.

"Ah. That makes sense." She said, taking my place to feed him.

"I'm gonna go get ready for school." I said, wiping my face off.

"Nope." I heard Lin say, bringing over the skillet of eggs.

"I can't miss more school." I said, "like, seriously."

"No. You're gonna sit your butt at this table, in your pajamas, and we're going to have a family breakfast. I mean, I woke up early, made food, which is probably crappy, and darn it we're going to enjoy it." He put eggs on my plate, and I sat down in front of it.

"Good child." He said to me, and we sat and had a family breakfast. Sure, after that I ran around like crazy trying to get ready for school on time, but, it was nice to be able to sit and eat with a family. With my family.

We got to school at 8:50, 10 minutes before the start of school. Spanish and choir both went by quickly, at first I thought God was showering down his love, and then I remembered we had an assembly today.

Prom was in 2 weeks. So, my school had this assembly where you could sign up to ask someone to prom in front of everyone. It was usually pretty cute, but, got really boring towards the end. By towards the end I mean, like, 10 minutes in.

Since the assembly was between second and third period I sat between Josie and Franchesca, because we had just gotten out of choir. We sat through the first, like 5 promposals, before we gave up paying attention and were whispering among ourselves.

"Alright, so, hi." My head immediately flew up when I heard William talking over the mic. Oh crap. Is he going to ask me to prom? I gave my entire attention back to the assembly. "Um, my name's William Hoffman, I'm a Sophomore here. Before I invite someone up here I want to make something clear. I'm not old enough to go to prom yet, and neither is this girl, but, I do have a question for her, and I feel like this was the right time." He smiled, "Abigail?" He asked into the mic, and motioned for me to come down.

"Oh crap." I whispered, "wish me luck." I said to my friends as I made my way down the bleachers to William.

"Okay!" He said once I got down, "this is my ex-girlfriend Abigail Miranda." He introduced me, "basically, I just, I have something to say to you Abi."

"Alright, shoot." I smiled.

"I'm sorry." He started, "and I promise I'm not here to ask you to take me back, because honestly, I'm an idiot, you don't want to do that." I looked at the ground, "okay, here goes, you were my best friend. Right now, I don't necessarily need my girlfriend back, but my best friend? I know I screwed her over too, but, I want her back. Essentially, I just, I have a song for you.

(A/N ok! So, I would love for y'all to watch the video, it is the song I'm having William sing to Abigail, I'm including this as a video because I know not all of you know the song, and whenever I read these and people write out the lyrics I get annoyed so, here's a video.
If you don't want to watch the video, it's basically just a song where he says, "you don't need to love me, just let me be your friend")

"You don't need to love me." He looked at me finishing the song. "The way that I love you." He smiled and as the pianist finished the song, he spoke. "Ok, so, this is me, asking for my best friend back. I don't need my girlfriend back, because right now, I just need my friend, I know she's in there, I see he occasionally when you're with your friends, or when you sing under your breath, I just want you to be my best friend when I'm with you. So, will you?" He finished his little speech, and pulled the mic away from him mouth.

"I miss my best friend too." I said, hugging him.

"Friends?" He asked.

"Friends." I replied.

•••

Okay, what do you think? Vote by commenting:

1.) A and W together

2.) A and W BFF's forever

3.) Them never speaking to each other ever again.

4.) Other (get creative)

Thanks for reading!

- Abi