Street Rats

"thieves, you have been warned, beware..."

~
Storybrooke, Sunday October 23
~

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, dear Emma
Happy birthday to you!"

"And many more..." Lily added as Emma blew out the candles on her cake. Regina and Neal had worked together to create a perfectly Hamilton-themed cake. It was topped with the iconic star with Hamilton as the top point, and the layers were frosted in gold frosting. Each of the other two layers had elements of Emma's other favorites, such as Dan and Phil, Tenrose, and Elf.

"May you always be satisfied," Regina whispered as Emma cut into the cake. Emma stifled a giggle.

"Sure you don't want to join the Hamil-Cult?"

"Sorry, but that decision isn't mine to make at the moment. And my unborn child says no thanks."

"Your unborn child is a party pooper."

Regina rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

After the cake and presents, all of the guests slowly began to leave. They were all expecting something to happen soon, considering it was a Sunday, but everything seemed relatively calm so far. Hyde was in hiding with his army, but Maleficent had been updating Regina on what was happening so Regina could share information with everyone else.

Once everyone besides Neal was gone, Emma sat down on the couch next to Neal. "Hey."

"Is something wrong?" Emma didn't have her headphones in and considering she had been listening to Hamilton soundtrack almost non-stop since she had gotten it that morning, Neal was afraid something was wrong.

"No." Emma took a deep breath, preparing herself. "I was just, uh, wondering..." Emma tried to find the right words, "Well, we've been back together almost four months now and I wanted to...to ask you if you wanted to move in with me?"

Emma closed her eyes, afraid of what Neal's answer would be. What if he thought they weren't ready?

"I would love to."

Emma opened one eye. "Really?"

"Yes. I'm sure living in an actual house with you will be better than living in a small car with you."

Emma laughed and began to relax. "True."

Neal leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Emma's lips. "Happy birthday, Emma."

~

The day ended and Hyde still hadn't made any moves. Neal stayed the night with Emma and they planned to move his stuff to her house the next day. Jasmine and Aladdin had gotten a room at Granny's after Ana revealed they had brought Aladdin to Storybrooke from Wonderland. Regina fell asleep in Robin's arms, not really worried about the Netherworld dreams that haunted her as side effects if the Sleeping Curse. She knew Robin would wake her up.

Instead of appearing in the fiery room, Regina appeared in the part of the Netherworld that was an endless, dark, room. A man was standing across from her. "Regina Mills."

"Locksley."

"What?" The man raised an eyebrow.