Destination XVI: New York City

Ruby set down steaming cups of coffee and hot cocoa with cinnamon in front of those headed to New York City. Regina and Henry both picked up their cup and started drinking despite Ruby's warning about them being hot.

"You two are going to burn your mouths," Robin warned.

Regina shrugged. "That's okay." She took another sip of her scalding hot coffee and Robin rolled his eyes.

"So we have two cars and eight people," Emma began.

"Three cars," Regina corrected. "Snow texted me; she's letting us use their truck for Neal's stuff."

"Guess your threats worked," Neal muttered.

"Okay, so who's driving?" Emma asked. Then she reconsidered her question, "Are Regina, Neal, and I the only ones who know how to drive? Besides Belle, but I don't think it's safe for her to drive right now."

Henry's hand shot up in the air. "I know how to drive!"

His three parents all narrowed their eyes. "What?!"

"Grandpa taught me. David."

Regina sighed. "Right. And I had to play off my motherly fury as mayorly concern. But you're not driving to New York. Neal, Emma, and I will. Neal, are you okay to drive the truck?"

Neal nodded. "Yeah. So who's riding where?"

Roland wriggled off of Robin's lap and onto Regina's. "I wanna be with Mama."

"You don't want to be with Auntie Emma?" Emma pouted at Roland.

The little boy crossed his arms. "No."

"I'll take Henry and Violet," Emma volunteered.

"No, I want them in separate vehicles," Regina argued.

"Mom," Henry complained, "Mom will be there the whole time. It'll be fine."

Regina glared at Emma. "If anything happens, I'm blaming you. I'm too young to be a grandma."

"You're already a great-grandma!" Emma protested.

Regina leaned across the table and pressed her finger against Emma's lips. "Shhhhh. You are also too young to be a grandma."

Emma nodded, eyes wide and lips pressed tightly together.

"And I guess I'm with Neal," Belle said, putting a stop to whatever was happening between Emma and Regina.

"How about we meet at the town line in thirty minutes?" Neal suggested. "Then we'll head to New York.

"Sounds like a plan," Emma agreed.

~

Regina took one final look at the bags in her trunk before deciding they had everything they needed. She closed it and looked over at Robin, "Where's Roland?"

"Right here!" Roland ran out of the house, clutching a stuffed animal tightly in his arms. When he got closer, Regina could see that he was holding the stuffed monkey she had given him during the Missing Year. Roland ran over to Regina, who picked him up in one swift motion. "Hello, my little knight."

"Hi, Mama." Roland stuck his hand into his coat pocket and pulled something out. "For you."

Regina took it and felt a smile appear on her face when she realized it was from one of Robin's arrows. "Thank you." She set the boy down. "Can you get in the car? I'm going to go grab one more thing inside the house and then we'll leave."