The Other Shoe

A/N: Since I didn't have a Once on Instagram version of the last episode, here is my version of The Other Shoe. I'll have Strange Case up either later tonight or some time tomorrow, as I don't know if I'll be able to finish it after youth group tonight or if I'll be too tired. Also, this all takes place last Sunday, and Strange Case will take place this Sunday.

~
"have courage and be kind"
~

The Underworld, last Sunday

A cloaked woman entered the throne room, drawing Arthur's attention to her. The king focused his attention on her, and she stopped walking before lowering her hood. "King Arthur." Her eye were studying him, and almost reminded him of a snake's.

"And you are...?" Arthur prompted.

"My name is Amara, and we need to go to Storybrooke. Now."

~
Storybrooke
~

A small family walked into Granny's diner, and the mother lead the daughter to a booth while the father ordered food. The mother's blonde hair fell around her shoulders, and her daughter's hair seemed to match her own.

"Ah, the Hermans," Granny looked pleased to see them. "My most loyal customers who don't go waltzing off to some new realm every few months. Not even my waitresses are all that loyal." If Ruby and Dorothy were there, Granny would have glared at them.

"Hey, I never did that," Mulan piped up from behind Thomas.

"You worked here for one day," Granny replied, which stopped Mulan from saying anything else. "Aurora is clearly my best waitress. She's getting a raise once Ruby and Dorothy come back so I can try to get them to not leave me."

A loud crash sounded outside, which halted the conversation. Ashley rose from her seat, and she and Mulan both ran outside. "Which direction did it come from?" Ashley asked.

Mulan hesitated a moment before answering. "This way," she pointed towards the forest. "Oh, I hope the Merry Men didn't blow something up," she groaned.

"One way to find out," Ashley muttered. She and Mulan took off towards the forest.

~

Lily and August were walking in the park, hands entwined, when something fell from the sky. It reminded them of the Poptropica balloon that had gone to the Land of Untold Stories, but bigger, and the word 'Poptropica' wasn't scrawled across it. And if it wasn't Storybrooke citizens, it was probably bad news.

The crash echoed throughout Storybrooke. Lily and August didn't need to say anything to know they needed to head to the sight of the crash.

They arrived at the same time as Mulan and Cinderella. A man with an ugly scar that ran down the side of his face stepped into the clearing, off of the crashed ship. There was only one person who it could be.

"My name is Mr. Hyde. And I'm here to take over Storybrooke."

~

"Well, at least his motives were clear," Lily whispered. "I mean, we could have been left guessing about why he's here, but now we know he wants Storybrooke."

"But why would he want Storybrooke?" Ashley asked. "He had the Land of Untold Stories, if he just wanted power. There must be some reason he wants Storybrooke specifically."