Chapter Fifteen- The Diner

They were sitting in some diner , Ben was still in the hospital and would be released in a couple hours .

"Excuse me" Kylo said leaving his napkin at the table and walking off to the men's room.

When he returned he found Rey stirring his coffee as she added in creamer .

"That was my ... You  okay ?" He asked taking his seat in the booth.

"He called you dada" she sighed "those were his first words ... dada... not mama..."

"Rey I -"

"It's ... I'm his mother , I bathed and changed and nursed him ... I spent hours preparing for his arrival... I held him when he was ill and smiled when he giggled ... and yeah he called you dada ... you're not even his father"

"I'm the closest this he has to one Rey" he reminded her taking a sip of his coffee.Would it be such a bad thing ?"

"I'm not saying it is ... it's just he has one father and that's Andrew not you ... I know Andrew is an ass but I owe it to my son to bring him whilst he knows the truth !" She said .

"Truth ?" Kylo asked turning to face her "the truth that his biological father knocked his mother up and left ? That he gave you a stolen car ? He took your money and left you alone with a baby ? Or how about the truth of how you pay bills ? That you have a fucking sugar daddy ! Yeah Rey ! That's the truth !" He snapped "or how about his own mother is too blind to see when someone cares about her , wants to give her everything , wants to take care of her and her little boy ! Okay if you think that's a lie or whatever then fuck off Rey ! I'm done ! Done with the heartache you give me ! You play on my heart strings and Ive had enough damnit ! " he growled and walked out of the diner throwing a twenty dollar bill down.

"Kylo wait !" Rey said running after him .

"What ?! I have nothing to say to you!" He said walking in the rain to his car .

"Kylo , what do you even mean you're heartache?!" She asked as she pulled her hoodie over head head to keep her hair from getting wet.

"Forget it Rey" he growled as he fished his keys out of his pocket. He unlocked his car door and opened it .

Rey reached across and slammed the door "no Kylo what do you mean your heart strings ? Your heartache ?! What the fuck do you mean ?" She asked .

He stayed silent as he looked down at their feet , the rain gathering in a puddle around them.

"Kylo Ren what the fuck do you mean ?" She took a step so she was close . She tapped her foot and crossed her arms over her chest. "Kylo fucking Ren what do you mean ?" She asked titling her head upwards to grab eye contact with him. "Answer me !" She yelled.

"Nothing Rey absolutely nothing" he snapped at the young mother . Rey looked him up and down , trying to read his body language.

"Kylo what is it ? What did I do ?" She asked . "Why are you -" she then stopped and looked at him.

The way his eyes were filled with tears desperate to break free , his hands no longer in fists , his ink stained locks loosely hanging in his eyes .

"Forget it Rey ..." he then opened his car door.

"Kylo please" she grabbed ahold of his hand and held it "tell me what ... what is it ?" She then felt his pulse from his wrist ; his heart was beating fast . "Kylo " she said .

"Forget it " he sighed and tugged his hand away.

"Kylo please !" She begged and then pulled him down by the collar , she leaned up on her toes and kissed his plush lips softly as she kept ahold of his shirt  as the rain fell around them.

-A.N.-
Will stay slow burn till I get some smut requests !

-Joey