Chapter Twelve- Leaving Today

"I have to get to registration" Rey said awkwardly in the kitchen as Benji was feeding himself dry cereal .

"Okay... I'll see you later than" Kylo sipped his coffee.

She scratched the back of her neck , this was the part she really hated ... asking for his money ....

Their whole arrangement was so that he would pay for everything and she would be his arm candy and yet she was she still felt horrible for asking for money .

"Is that all ?" He asked .

"Um... no well ... you see .... I have .... Christmas .... final semester.... and classes and ....-"

"How much ?" He asked grabbing his check book in the center of the table .

"1,600" she sighed and looked down at her feet , her black converses tied and blue jeans reaching her ankle to help her brace for the cold.

"Here" he slipped her the check and she didn't dare look at it in front of him.

"Thanks Kylo" she said .

"We have to leave for the airport at 5:30 so we can beat the evening rush... Maz is gonna be here to pick him up so you'll be able to say goodbye to Ben"

"Okay... I'll be back in time" she grabbed her bag and then grabbed her phone so she could get to school.

*

"It's weird still ... it's been like 2 months and yeah I've done events and stuff but I feel so horrible asking for his money" she sighed as she sipped her warm tea.

"Then leave " Finn said flatly .

"I can't ... I broke ..." she sighed "he ... he doesn't really talk much when it's just us ... he never talks -"

"Rey ... he's 33 and your 23 what type of conversation can you two have ? Besides the whole money thing ?" Finn asked.

"I don't know .... I'll ask him how his day was and all he'll say is good " she grunted .

"Maybe he doesn't want ... attachments" Finn said sipping his hot cider .

"I don't know ... I feel bad ... I don't ... I don't want him to think I like just his wallet ... he seems like a nice dude ... in the sense of friendship"

"Well then keep it that way" Finn said .

"How ?!"

"I don't know ..." he sighed .

"Neither do I"

*

Rey sighed and zipped her suitcase . She had Kylo had to do an event in London to be at the premiere of some movie that he produced .

She was going to miss Ben so much ... she had never been away from her son longer than a couple hours and now she was flying across the pond back to where her family came from but without her baby.

They decided together that it would be difficult for them to do the event and such with a baby .

She rolled her suitcase out with tears in her eyes and grabbed her son.
"Mommy loves you so much" she said holding him closely to her chest "I will come back soon" she kissed the top of his head.

"I'll let you know how he is doing every day ...." Maz said rubbing her shoulder .

"I feel so bad about leaving him" she sighed "tell him I love him when he goes to bed every night?"

"Of course dear... you'll be late ! Go!" Maz shooed her off .

Rey and Kylo walked towards the door and suddenly Ben began to cry . Rey's heart was crying and she was sucking up to get out the door .

They got in the car and she sniffled slightly as she unlocked her phone with the wallpaper of her baby in his bath playing with bubbles .

She felt Kylo's hand on her shoulder "he's a tuff little guy...." he said and she nodded and sighed . "He's gonna be fine Rey"

"Yeah" she wiped her tears "I heard him cry ... it just " she sniffled .

"It just what ?" He asked.

"Nothing" she sniffled "it's nothing... nothing" she shook her head and looked out the window to see the city go past them on their way to the airport .

She didn't want to relive her horrid past, the past of everything she had to hide and regain .... this crazy life she once had she worked so hard to get away from it.

"Rey.... were at the airport" he said.

"Right" she nodded and then grabbed her stuff.

-A.N.-
IM TRYING TO MAKE A SUCCESSFULLY SLOW BURN !

ADAM :

ME:

YOU GUYS :

YOU GUYS :

-Hoey aka Joey

-Hoey aka Joey