Chapter Eight- The Mom Degree

Rey had packed the new stroller , diapers and bottles , change of clothes and a blanket .

Kylo said he'd pick her up at the apartment and then they'd drive to meet his mother .

Rey wore a pair of nice blue jeans and a soft green blouse and a nice jacket , she had on her boots and tied her hair up in a ponytail.

*

"My mom said she might be a little late , she's apparently trying to drag my uncle along " he rolled his eyes in his seat , Ben on her lap playing with her fingers .

"Hmm... he seemed nice " Rey said .

"He's alright ... he was a computer engineering major then became a hippy like two years after my dad left" Kylo said taking a sip of his coffee .

"Do we have an event this weekend? Because Maz said she couldn't watch him"

"I think so ... I'll let you know" he said and then Leia walked in .

She hugged them both "oh is this your baby ?" She asked .

"Yes ... Leia this is Benjamin Orion Kenobi ... Benji this is Miss Leia" she said and the baby giggled .

"He's precious ! May I ?" She asked holding her hands out.

"Sure " Rey said and handed her Benji . He began to giggle and smile .
"He seems to like you ... he's usually really shy... then again maybe it's your family he warmed up to Ben instantly" Rey said .

"It's true ... the other night while Rey was studying he started crying and he shut up instantly when he was in my hands ." Kylo told his mother .

"It's the Skywalker in him " Leia said "Ben- Kylo is like his grandfather ... cool to the eyes get warm to the touch" Leia smiled . "How old where you when you had him ?" Leia asked.

"23... he was born April 17th... seven days after my birthday" Rey took a sip of her tea .

"If you don't mind me asking what happened to his father ?" Leia wondered.

"Oh..." Rey shifted in her seat and Kylo put his hand on hers . "He ... Andrew did some questionable things while we were together ... he wasn't there the day Benji was born ... he wa too busy hitching a ride to Mexico to sell illegal drugs ... he was a pretty good actor ... he said he was in church group and appeared to be a clean cut guy ... 4.0 , had a job , volunteered , always calls his mom back ... turns out he ran an underground drug empire ... I dumped him the moment I found out and then he fled ... he's married to some mail order bride from Russia ... he's not on Benji's birth records ... I rather my son have no father then Andrew" Rey told Leia .

"If you were to get married would you let Kylo adopt him ?" Leia asked.

"If he wants ... really I don't wanna push him into anything ... I rather him see Kylo as a father than a stepfather" Rey said .

"Let's change the subject why don't we ?" Kylo said "mom did you know Rey is an engineering major ?"

"Really ?" Leia asked.

"Oh yeah ... my father was one and unlike every other kid in my school I was good in science and math..."

"I know I wasn't ... Kylo was though" Leia took her coffee and stirred it.

"That was something that attracted me to him... he didn't think I was crazy for liking numbers ..." Rey smiled at him.

"She reminded of me of Grandma Padme ... you know ... knows more than most people her age does" Kylo said .

"Being a mother makes you do that" Leia said . "Do you want more kids ?"

"I mean ... there nice , maybe later on once I'm graduated and I'm married ... you can only have so many bastard children ... my mother's words not mine"