Chapter Nine- The Theories

It had been a week and slowly Rey began to adjust to her new home and life .

"Rey ?!" She turned to see Kylo holding a crying baby. "I think he needs a bottle where is his -"

"It's fine I'll get it" she said .

"Rey ... it's fine you're studying for you final and I'm free so let me feed Ben" he took the bottle and walked out of her bedroom.

She sighed and then went back to her equations , trying to calculate the slope and find the model height .

*

About half an hour later a plate of pizza and a bottle of water was brought into her room by Kylo .

"Figured you'd be hungry" he said placing the food on her bedstand .

"Thanks Kylo" she sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she reread the problem over and over again.
"Fuck !" She yelled at her textbook.

"You're doing it wrong" he said .

"What ?" She asked turning to face him.

"You're adding over , you should be multiplying it then find the percent by 79... and it needs to be a simplified fraction " he said leaning down to her textbook.

"How ?-"

He pushed up his glasses then crouched down , one hand on the back of her chair and the other on the desk . "You know the Monroe theory ? That's what you need to do ... quite simple but you're also not subtracting 7 on both sides " he then grabbed the pencil and fixed her paper .

"But I did the Jason Theory" she said pointing down to the paper.

"It's suppose to be the Monroe because it's an area of a hexatrdeal... if it were just a regular hexagon then you would use Jason" he explained .

"But the answer needs to be a decimal"

"No " he shook his head "the answer can be a precent or fraction turned to a decimal ... you're thinking too much into this Rey" he said .

She groaned "sometimes I wonder why the fuck I decided on engineering... needing a math minor !"

"Because math is cold hard facts ... it's nothing creative ... it's like a symphony... a cello player can play with the sheet music but can't make something up on the spot all the time"

"You used math to make a website " she said matter of factly.

"No I used web design not math ... and you're thinking too much ... really ... here's something to remember Rey ... if it's a hexagon then Jason theory okay ?" He said .

"Okay" she sighed "thanks Kylo" she smiled and went back to her work.

Throughout the night whenever she heard Ben cry Kylo was there , cooing him , changing him , feeding him , burping him.

"I have my final in the morning" she said leaning in the doorway of his office , her pink shorts and white top not   giving her warmth and her ponytail tied up high with long socks on her feet.

"Okay ..." he said .

"I was wondering if you could watch Ben ... Maz has the flu" she sighed .

"Sure " he said .

"And ... well my final payment for the class is due in the morning ... I don't have the money" she sighed .  "It 700"

He walked over to her and pulled out his wallet "here's 900" he handed her the 20's.

"I said it's only 700" she said handing him back the extra 20's.

"Take your friends out to a nice lunch ... get a  tattoo ... buy a horse ... you earned it Rey " he said now leaning on the other banner.