Chapter 18

I HAVE BEEN ITCHING TO UPDATE OH MY GOD AND NOW I CAN, SOMETIMES BECAUSE THIS IS MY MOMS NEW LAPTOP SO UPDATES MIGHT COME ONCE A WEEK OR MAYBE ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS.

RECAP: PAIGE AND HUNTER ARE FINALLY TOGETHER! WE MUST ALL REMEMBER THAT GLORIOUS MOMENT WHERE HE ASKED HER TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND AND SHE SAID YES! NOW PLEASE EXCUSE ME IF MY WRITING SKILLS ARE A BIT RUSTY!

   "I have never felt so happy!" Brooke yelled jumping up and down frantically, and soon after Sara joined her; pulling me into the happy fest. I laughed at their cheerful reactions as Xavier gave Hunter a bro hug which he excepted openly, but when Archer tried to high five him his body language was stiff and unwelcoming.

"What're you guys so happy about? We're just dating," I asked laughing, the sentence 'we're just dating.' tasted so alien and unfamiliar coming out of my mouth, since I had never said them before because I had never dated anyone before. All eyes turned to me, and Brooke blurted out something that made me blush in surprise.

"Because you're all he's been talking about the past couple of months, it's always been 'Paige this, and Paige that, I miss Paige, I really like Paige, well you get the point. Now he finally has you, and I think it makes all of us a bit happier because now he'll be happy, and we know for certain he'll do his best to make you happy," she said grinning at me, and I looked at him in surprise.

I couldn't suppress the giggles that erupted from inside of me, on account of the situation. This was new to me, and for that reason it seemed to be more than worthy of a laugh. I felt strong arms make their way around my waist, press me against the body belonging to them and then felt someone's lips brush my ear.

"What's so funny?" Hunter said lightly into my ear, causing my laughter to stop and a deep flutter in my stomach to start. It was almost as if a thousand butterflies had decided to all at once make themselves known. This was the kind of stuff I had read about in the books but had never experienced myself.

"You," I said leaning into him, he was so warm and gentle with me. I closed my eyes briefly, mesmerized in this moment, I was soon brought back to earth by Xavier's voice.

"Come on guys, let's leave these two be, they haven't had a chance to be alone in a really long time," he said with a smirk as he grabbed Brooke's hand, she nodded and so did the others although Archer's seemed to be a bit more hesitant; I ignored it. The only person I wanted to focus on was Hunter, he loosened his arms and I turned to him, as they left the locker room.

All my life, I'd been constantly worried about trusting people, liking them, and being myself, which wasn't fair to me, or anyone who'd try to get to know me (had there been anyone before now.) That's when I realized it, maybe my mother was wrong about everything, because here stood this magnificent man who has had every right to walk away from me, but refused to do so. He was the kindest guy I had ever met, and he seemed to genuinely like me for reasons I didn't understand.

"Let's get out of here," I said, taking his hand, and for the first time in my life I felt light as a feather. I marveled at the fact that even though his hands were twice as big as my own, our fingers seemed to fit perfectly together.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked me, brushing a stray lock of hair away from my face and behind my ear, every area of me that his hand brushed against felt like it had been lit on fire.

My face was ablaze.

"I don't know," I said breathlessly, and I watched his eyes, they were beautiful and shimmering brightly.

"Let's go home, I want to know more about you," he said, his voice was so innocent and pure.

I nodded in agreement as we walked outside, the sun had already began to set. It looked like cotton candy had started to take over the sky, and there was a hint of the moon starting to make it's way into the sky. We said nothing, because in all honesty this moment was perfection. I had never seen anything like it before, not in New York, not anywhere I had visited. It seemed like the sky was catching fire, I looked at Hunter to see if he was as bewitched by it as I was, but he was staring at me instead.

The faint moonlight hit his face and I noticed all the features on him that I'd never seemed to see before. I saw the faint scar that passed it's way through his left eyebrow, the two small birthmarks on his neck, these things that would have been looked at as flaws by anyone else, seemed to make him even more perfect to me.

"You may not realize how beautiful you are, but I do." he said, pulling me closer to him as we walked subconsciously.

"You may not realize how beautiful you are either, but I do." I replied, looking him in the eye.

"Beautiful?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Beautiful, you have a beautiful heart. I may not know much about you, but I know that much, call it an intuition,"

That left him speechless, we had finally reached our dorm and all the while he hadn't let go of my hand. I unlocked the door, opening it and pulling him inside with me.

"I'm going to go take a shower, I'll be out in about twenty minutes," I said, letting go of his hand but he pulled me back to my surprise. He pulled me back and kissed me, I felt my body erupt into flames by his touch his lips were soft yet rough against mine, as he roamed his hands over my neck, across my back, and down my spine causing me to shiver.

He brushed his tongue against my lips and my legs turned to jelly and gave way, I don't know how he did it but he managed to grab them before I fell, and wrap them around his waist. I kept myself pinned to him, as he stumbled to what I assumed was the couch. I ran my hands through his hair as he broke away from me, skimming his nose lightly against my throat.

"This is perfect, you are perfect," he whispered against my throat.

-

WELL??!!!? FEEDBACK PEOPLE! PLEASE! WHATD YOU THINK?