Chapter One:

All Rights Reserved (c) Copyright2012

Chapter One:

            To say my hear was pounding about a hundred beats a minute, would be a bit of an understatement. In fact my heart had stop beating, when I closed the bathroom door I slid down it trying to breathe. I shut my eyes and put my hands on my knees, feeling the tender two long bumps of flesh that stood out against them. My scars, just another reminder that I was abnormal.

            I blow dried my hair and putting my hair up in red clip, I changed into my dark green mid arm v-neck, and my black sweats. It took me half an hour to tell myself that I could go out there and face him. I mean honestly out of all the other girls…I had to be the one paired up with…him?

When I did walk out, I saw him sitting on the couch with a box of pizza and watching an old rerun of Friends. He was wearing a wife beater, jeans, and socks; I paid no attention to him, or at least I tried.

            He noticed me as I made my way to the recliner and sat down, crossing my legs. Of course I felt self conscious because he could clearly see the way I walked, and if he was anything like the others that had noticed before…he would laugh. I let my hair down, trying to shield myself from his heated gaze and watched television; I had no idea what to say.

            “Do you want a slice?” he asked, finally breaking the silence.

I looked down, pursing my lips; if I took the slice that might be thought of as a peace treaty and would start a conversation. I don’t even know this guy, and I’m also really awkward when talking to people. But I was starving and it smelt so good, like it was even better than the pizza back home.

            “Thanks, but no thanks,” I said trying to ignore my protesting and violent stomach.

            “So, she doesn’t like pizza,” he said to himself, shaking his head back and forth.

            “She likes pizza. She just doesn’t want any right now.” I said, grinding my teeth. Why was he talking to me?

            “Are you sure you don’t want a slice? I can tell you’re hungry.”

            My eyes widened, a little bit and I raised an eyebrow. How’d he know? I looked at him and my expression must have said it all.

“You may be able to lie, but your stomach can’t.” he said, passing me a paper plate with a large slice of cheese pizza on top of it.

            So I gave in, I took it and slid the slice into my mouth; I closed my eyes and I think I even moaned a little. It was just that good. Bubbly cheese, tomato sauce, it was just delicious! Then I became conscious of the other person in the room, and how I probably looked mental.

            I opened my eyes, and snuck a peek at him; the expression on his face got a chuckle out of me, and then a full on laugh. His mouth was partly agape, and his face was flushed. I raised an eyebrow and he blinked offering me the whole box.

            I shook my head, and turned to watch television; but after a moment the flat screen TV was blank and I looked at the remote which was in his hand. Then I looked at him, and he looked back at me.

Oh no, he did not turn off Friends!

            “Can you turn the TV back on?” I asked, looking at him like he was unstable.

            “I could, but I’m not going to.”

            “And why not?”

            “Because, I don’t know anything about you,”

            “And why would you need too?”

            “Because you’re going to be my roommate for the next year.”

            “And then you’ll turn the TV back on?”

            “Maybe.”

I knew I could always just go in my room to watch Friends, but at the moment I was annoyed but mostly because I was lazy.

I threw him one of my ‘don’t mess with me or I’ll slaughter you’ looks, I think even glared a little.

            He through me a look back that said ‘Try me, I dare you’, and for a moment; just a split second I actually wondered what he would do if I did. I breathed for a moment, sliding a finger through the significant ring that was on a chain around my neck; his eyes followed my actions.

            “What does the ring stand for? You engaged or something?” he asked, and I couldn’t read the expression on his face.

            “I’m almost eighteen, no I’m not engaged. Actually if you must know, it’s a purity ring.”

“Wait, a damn minute…. You’re a virgin?” he asked, and I felt the tension in the air grow as I shook my head.

“Yes, I’m a virgin. Not all girls put out you know.”

~So, what do you guys think about the next chapter being in Hunter’s P.O.V…?