Prologue:

All Rights Reserved ©.Copyright 2012

Okay, so the picture is of Paige, it's my favorite picture of Katerina Graham. Isn't she absolutely gorgeous? I think so.

Prologue:

                “Mom, I’ll be fine; there’s no need for you to worry,” I said. I was trying to be as reassuring as possible, while I loaded my luggage into the trunk of the car.

 She had time to worry about this day for years and she hadn’t shown any interest when I started filling out college applications and applied to UCLA. Although when I got my acceptance letter she freaked out, and started doing everything in her power to stop me from going.

            “It’s too far! You won’t be close to home! With your condition, I don’t think it’s safe,” she began.

 I pushed my last suitcase in with a heavy thud and ran a hand through my short dark brown hair, brushing my bangs out of my eyes. I tried not to show my frustration with her, I had mild cerebral palsy; all I knew was that when I was born I was premature so I walked with my left heel up and my right foot down on the ground. When I was eight I had surgery to fix it, so now I just walked with a noticeable limp.

“Mom, for once could you not use my ‘condition’ as an excuse for trying to control my life?” I asked, trying to look as respectful as possible, while getting into the passenger seat of the car.

She got in the driver’s seat, and when the car door was slammed shut I could tell I was going to get it. Whenever my mom doesn’t hear what she wants to, she goes on a ranting rave and normally I am the victim.

“I just want what’s best for you,” she said; and crossed her arms unhappily.

I shook my head, and started driving; I heard her sigh heavily and knew that there was something on her mind. Of course I ignored her, but she sighed again; I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel grinding my teeth, my mother was so annoying.

“I don’t see why you couldn’t just go to NYU, it’s a good school! Explain to me why you have to go to Californiain order to go to college. Do they even let black people in there?!” she asked, again I ignored her.

I ignored her when we went into the airport, while checking in my bags, scanning my boarding pass, and when I was about to board the plane.

“Goodbye, mom,” I said looking down; she looked at me shaking her head; as always she was disappointed in me.

And I did not care at all, as I was about to get on the plane with my duffel bag I heard her yell:

“Bring back a fiancé when you’re coming back! I want to see your mister tall dark and handsome!”

   I got on the plane, and fell asleep with my dark blue fleece blanket on me and my iPhone plugged into my ears.

(Five Hours Later)

            When I woke up I saw people were on the plane getting off the plane, I panicked and started stuffing my things in my bag. What people couldn’t have woken me up? I put my bag on my shoulder and strutted into the busy LAX airport.

         I saw a sign hanging from the grey spotted ceiling that said baggage claim and walked confidently to the carousel looking for my two dark blue suitcases. Twenty minutes later I looked at my phone, when we landed it had automatically changed the time back three hours. So the time difference between New York and California is three hours, interesting.