Chapter 14

All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2013 ©.

You’re about to find out something really shocking about Paige, here is a new chapter of FFY. And if you guys loved the last chapter, you're going to DIE in this one ;)

            To say that I woke up in a good mood is the understatement of the century; I couldn’t remember the last time I slept so well.

I burrowed my head deeper into my pillow, only to notice that it wasn’t a pillow. I was on top of someone; I was positive because of the slow rising of their chest and the soft snoring that I heard in the stillness.

“Paige,” I heard Hunter whisper, and I felt his arms snake around my back, and the level of comfort that I felt, scared me.

“Hi,” I whispered back, as I listened to the sound of his heartbeat. It was calm and steady, as if he had not a worry in the world at that moment.

“What time is it?” he yawned, I stretched my arms up, unaware that my they made contact with his shirt as I tried to push myself away from him, so that I could look at the clock in the kitchen.

I moved off of the couch and looked at the neon blue numbers; the clock read 5:50 am.

“Almost five,” I said, and he turned on the lamp, he turned back to me and I saw his brow furrow in confusion.

“What?” I asked, now I was confused.

            Did I have something on my face?

“Your wrists,” he said, pushing himself off of the couch and walked over to me.

“W-W-What do you mean? What’s wrong with my wrists?” I asked, I am a terrible liar.

As if I didn’t know what was wrong with my wrists, the proof was there on his shirt. The concealer and foundation smudges…

“Your wrists are smudged. Why are you wearing make up on your wrists?” he asked, looking me in my eye.

That was the question I had been avoiding for the last three years of my life…I looked down, I had to find some way to move to another subject, and I looked down avoiding eye contact.

“Paige, please tell me that this isn’t from what I think it is,” he said, and voice cracked as he took my arm into his hand.

He pulled me over to the kitchen, turning on the light, and I was dead weight, all I wanted was to cry and go hide. All the people who had ever found out that I self-harmed, had gladly walked out of my life, because they simply couldn’t handle it. It wasn’t a cry for help, or attention like everyone thought; I think that’s what the final straw for most of them was.

I couldn’t even imagine what his reaction would be…

He turned on the sink and put my arm underneath it, after a few moments, he turned it off and wiped my arm with a paper towel, the makeup came off of my arm and ended up on the paper.

            And there they were, covering my right forearm, clear as day; deep and dark scars that refused to go away.

“Paige,” he said, staring at them; his voice broke.

 I think he was crying…Hell, I was about to start crying.

He looked into my eyes, and I could see the tears were building up in his eyes, I didn’t know what he was going to say, and I was scared.

Okay. Scared is an understatement.

I was terrified.

“Paige,” he croaked, looking back down at my arm, and then at me.