Chapter Three:

All Rights Reserved© Copyright2012 Rue Daniels.

-Note from Rue: Anybody wondering what would happen if Paige were to go to a wild party? Well…Read this to find out!

          “So, what time is the party?” I asked Brooke as we walked back to my dorm, I had agreed to go (mainly because she wouldn’t take no for an answer.) Right now I was hoping that Hunter wasn’t home so the Brooke wouldn’t have total spas attack. For the past two hours we had been talking, and she filled me in on everything. I was right when I had assumed he was a player. He had dated more girls in five months, than the average person would date in a year.

          “Ten; and it ends at like...well whenever you decide to leave,” she said, as I unlocked the door and saw Hunter in the kitchen...with only his boxers on. He turned and nodded at me and did a double take as he saw Brooke. It was the right thing to do right? Trying to pry my eyes away from his very well formed washboard abs; that was right wasn’t it?

          “Christ!” Brooke whispered underneath her breath as she squeezed my arm and I tried to find my voice. He on the other hand stared at her intently as if trying to remember something, I didn’t blame her, that gaze would normally make any girl go weak in the knees. Just not me.

          “Excuse me, but could you...not...strut around the dorm half naked?” I asked him when I found my voice, and it shook as my gaze kept moving from his eyes to his abs.

          “Well when we met you were in a towel, and I’m pretty sure you were fully naked underneath that. But did I reprimand you? No,” he stated raising an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest.

“But wouldn’t it have made you uncomfortable if I was half naked?” I asked and Brooke stared at me with a wide eyed shocked expression.

          He looked me up and down for a moment very slowly, and I shifted uncomfortably; he pursed his lips, looked at my purity ring for a moment, and then looked into my eyes.

          “Not at all,” he said shaking his head. Then he noticed Brooke again and surprise showed on his face.

“You’re Brooke Dobrev right?” he asked, tilting his head to the side and I was still stunned from his response. So much that my jaw was popped open in a slight O and I was as stiff as a board.

“Uhh...huh...You...um... remember me?” she asked, and I rolled my eyes when I saw how she melted. I mean, he was just a boy! He was also a player according to Brooke, and all I would have to do is get through the next year or so.

I had to get through the next year...Oh LORD!

“Of course I remember you. You were the love of my best friend’s life,” he said, and with that Brooke turned stiff and I could see her already pale complexion turn into porcelain pale.

          Wait, say what?

          “How’s X? At least how has he been; did he get accepted into Harvard” she asked, her voice was shaking and eyes watering.

          “He’s fine he misses you though, he got in but he decided not to go,” Hunter said, and his voice had nothing but pure sadness in it.

          “I miss him too,” she said, and a tear streamed down her face; even though we had only known each other for almost three hours I felt the need to comfort her. I wrapped my arms around her awkwardly, she turned and wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head in my shoulder.

“Shhh, it’s ok. It’s ok; would raiding my closet and forcing me to go to the party make you feel any better?” I whispered in her ear, trying to be as soothing as possible.