Chapter 7: Hunter's P.O.V

All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2012

Chapter Seven: Hunter’s P.O.V

            “Paige, can I talk to you?” I asked her, and through the dim light, I could make out her small frame rising from underneath the covers.

            “Yeah, sure. J-J-Just give me a moment,” she stuttered.

“Ok, I’ll be out here,” I said, closing the door and then walked to the couch.

            I was so confused, I felt like I was torn, torn between my heart and my mind. I don’t want to feel anything for Paige, hell; I don’t want to feel anything for anyone. It’s crazy, because she’s nothing like Amber.

            Amber…

I still remember every common detail of her, she had long dark brown hair, grayish green eyes, long thick black eyelashes, a common Italian ski slope nose, reddish pink cupids bow shaped lips, and a pale face with freckles all over.

            Her laugh was sweet and angelic, it was as if any time she laughed you had to just sit there and listen; like if you laughed, you’d just be ruining the sound. Her smile was brilliantly white, the way her lips shaped right over her perfect teeth. It was beautiful. She was tall and athletic, 5’11 to be exact.

            Her eyes were like diamonds and sea glass, very hard to find, but beautiful and unique. I could never fully tell what she was thinking. She always had the same look in her eye whenever she looked at me, whether she was happy, sad, upset, or just anything that she might have been feeling. It was always the same look.

            I remember once I had asked her what it meant, and she told me it was love. Whether she was angry with me or not, no matter how she felt. She’d always love me.

I do believe that was the moment where I felt madly in love with her. I remember everything about the relationship, unlike I had with the other girls. When I bought her home for the first time my mother was so happy, and my brothers and sisters were astonished.

I have six brothers and three sisters, their reactions were hilarious, all though I doubt they had ever seen someone so beautiful and genuine.

Like I said, my mother was happy. In fact I think she was kind of in love with Amber too, she had everything my mother wanted in a daughter in law: beauty, brains, humor, culinary skills, and the most important?

            She’s 100% Italian.

The only down side was after a while my sisters started to hate her, and so did my friends. This really pissed me off, so I stood up for her of course; which led to the reason why Brooke and I didn’t really talk.

We were so happy, which is why I will never understand why she left me.