Chapter Five

All Rights Reserved (c) Copyright 2012.

      Bloody hell my head hurt, that was the first thought that popped into my head as I woke up in a bed that was obviously not mine. It was grey and black and as I looked around the room, it was not that neat as mine but then again this was me. With my OCD need to be neat, as I propped myself up on my elbows; a picture of a beautiful girl caught my vision. My head started to pound and as the sun poked out from the blinds it hit my eyes and I screamed.

    I didn't mean to but i have never felt such excruciating pain in my life, I heard running as i sunk my head back into the pillows weakly. I couldn't quite lift my head anymore, in fact it hurt to even consider it. Who am I kidding? It hurt just to think.

      "Have you never had a hangover?" Hunter asked, and he had that nagging mother thing in his voice.

"No, I haven't...I'm a good person...not a bad alchoholic whore who...likes to...drink," I said and my voice was all strange and low. But I got a smirk from him, and he said something but I really couldn't hear. I felt drowsy.

"Even when you have a hangover you're still a smart ass," he said, and I shrugged away from where he stood.

"Leave me alone, I can take care of myself," I said, stumbling my way out of bed and as I did I felt a burning sensation crawl up my throat. Then there was this chunky grotesque feeling as a slime like substance slid up, the gag reflex started and the next thing I knew I was on the other side of the bed puking into a green bucket.   "So you can take care of yourself,eh?" he asked crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow, and I was still trying to put two and two together on how he got me on the other side of the bed. And how he was that strong and that fast.   "Shut...up, I just want to take some Tylenol and go to sleep...in my room!" I yelled, as I walked out of his room leaving him behind and trying to walk into my room.
As I was about to take the step into my room, warm and strong arms slipped around my waist and my eyes bulged out in surprise as my feet stopped touching the ground and my room started getting farther and farther away. Oh hell no.   "Put me down!!" I yelled, and I heard a snicker behind me as my back hit his hard a warm chest.   "No, not until we get into my room," he said, and as we got back there he sat me down on the bed.   "Hunter, why not leave me be? Huh? Why must you make things so difficult?" I asked, and he gave me his serious look. That's the Hunter.   "Because, I know what's best for you," he said, sitting down next to me.   "You don't even know me, why are you trying to help me?" I asked, looking up at him. The question was honest and sincere; I looked into those big grey eyes and I felt this weird thing inside of me...it was strange and warm.     I would worry about that later.   "Because, I'm your friend...and I care about you," he said, and he took my hand caressing my palm.                                                       Oh Shit. I like that, I like that a lot.   "But--" I began, he pressed a finger to my lips and shook his head slowly.   "No buts, I am taking care of you today; and there is nothing you can do about that."   Of course, I wanted to be stubborn and protest but I dont know if it was the fact he gave me the 'don't even think about it' look or that I just felt too weak to argue.   So with a huff of defeat I gave up, collapsing back into the pillows "Fine," I said and I really wanted to slap the smugness off of his face.   "Do you want food?" he asked, and walked over to close the shades as I sheilded myself from the light...   "Yes, yes I do," I said, after thinking for a moment.   After a moment, he came back from the kitchen with an omelet that sent my nostrils in a frenzy. It looked delicious, a cheese omelet with sausage and ham and italian sausage. Oh my gosh it smelt absolutely lovely.   I looked at him with hopeful and hungry eyes.   "I have never had anyone do something like this for me, even when I was sick," I said in a whisper and I hoped he couldn't hear the plain truth and quiver when I said never.  

"Then just let me, I want to take care of you,"  

Well? What do you think?