Chapter 23: Hunter's POV

I couldn't remember the last time I had been this happy, well I could but that memory put a bitter taste in my mouth. I stared down at the sleeping Paige in my arms and lightly brushed her cheek with my thumb, not to wake her up, just to feel how soft her skin was. 

I had been wanting to tell her how I felt for weeks and had been too scared and nervous to say anything, I knew how fragile yet strong she was and that the slightest wrong move or sentence could make her close herself off to me. I was crazy about her, and I found myself wondering what would've happened if Amber hadn't left. For the first time in almost five months I was glad that she did.

I had yet to tell Paige about Amber because I didn't see the point, Amber was the past and Paige, she was my present and quite possibly my future. It felt so unreal saying it now but looking down at her and the thought of scaring her off instilled a fear in me that I could not explain. I just knew that I didn't want to lose her, I had worked so hard to make her see that I wasn't like the others.

I was mesmerized by that little angelic face of hers, captivated by her laugh and smile, in awe of her. Shortly after we confessed our feelings for each other she got tired and wanted to take a nap, I insisted that I be her pillow as cheesy as that may seem; because I didn't want her away from me. She'd fallen asleep laying on my chest three hours ago and had barely moved since then, I kind of wished she'd wake up only so that I could talk to her, but this alone was enough for me.

In that moment she stirred and yawned, I knew she was waking up and I couldn't help myself, I started to tickle her which I knew she somewhat hated because of how ticklish she was. 

"Hunter," she groaned and I loved the way my name sounded coming out of her mouth; it made me smile. I continued to tickle her and she started to try to squirm away from me as she started to laugh but I pulled her back to me with one hand.

"Hunter, quit it." she said in between fits of giggles as she poked her head up to look at me, trying to give what I assume was her harshest glare but the grin she was trying to surpress overpowered it. I smirked at her and tickled her harder but not hard enough to hurt her.

She laughed and pushed herself away from me, this time I did but only so I could watch her as she went to the other end of the couch, only to cross her legs and stare me down. 

"Have a nice nap?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and then I woke up. To you." she said and I smiled at the playfully sultry hint in her voice.

"Hmm, true. I'm glad you did," I said, moving close enough to her so that I could grab her legs from under her and somewhat drag her to me.

She squealed and I laughed, taking my hands off of her legs once her feet touched the arm of the couch that I was sitting against and then taking her hands in mine and pulling her into my lap.

"I mean you could've just told me to come," she said pressing her forehead against my own as she cupped my face.

"Yeah, but would you have?" I asked her.

"No, probably not." she laughed and I nodded.

"Exactly, just to tease me." I growled before kissing her.

I knew in that moment that I would never get enough of her, there would never be any getting bored with Paige or the way that her lips shaped themselves with mine. I had never kissed a girl with softer lips, it was like kissing clouds although no one would ever hear me say that.

I moved a hand to the back of her neck so that she couldn't pull away from me unless I let her, I flicked my tongue against her bottom lip and opened her mouth to let me in. She swirled her tongue around with mine and grabbed my shoulders as the hand I had around the back of her neck slid into her hair and I grabbed a fistful of it.