Chapter 17

Well, do let me know what you think! ;)

All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2013.

I stood there for a moment, absorbing what he had just said, making sure that my ears weren’t clogged. He grabbed my chin with his hand, and then turned my face up so that I had no choice, but to look into his eyes. I felt like he was trying to seduce me to the dark side, because no guy can be that sexually attractive; and have intentions that are strictly pure.

“You want to say something?” he asked, intensifying his gaze.

Yep, he was definitely trying to seduce me.

His voice was smooth like velvet, and my heart started to beat faster than it would have if I’d been bitten by a snake. I parted my lips, slightly; and I was about to say something when I lost my train of thought.

“Speak,” he said, his breath fanning my face as he brushed his thumb against my bottom lip.

So I did.

“Hunter, can you stop looking at me like that?” I asked, stepping away from him and snapping out of my trance.

“Why? Does it make you nervous?” he asked, smirking at me as he took a step closer to me.

“No, It makes me frustrated,” I said, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

Sexually frustrated?” he asked, raising an eyebrow as I pushed him away from me, shaking my head.

“No,” I lied.

Yes, I lied; because I was not going to let him have the satisfaction of me being putty in his hands. If we were going to ever be together, I still had to stand my ground firmly.

“Be honest, do you like me, Paige?” he asked me, and his seductive gaze was gone in an instance, instead his eyes were the most vulnerable I’d ever seen them; either he was a great actor, or my answer would really make or break him.

So here I was, and it was all left up to me; but I had to think about it, did I like him?

All I knew, was that every time I looked at him, or our eyes met; I could feel my heart race inside of me, almost as if it were about to burst out of me. It was a scary feeling, one that sometimes made my stomach drop down to my feet but I loved it, because it meant that I was capable of feeling something other than sadness. That when I was at my lowest point, he was there, and he comforted me like no one had ever done before, he didn’t make me feel like some kind of charity case or as if he was faking it. He made me feel more alive than I ever had before, he challenged me, he pushed me…he made me feel wanted. When he kissed me, I had never felt such intense passion; I hadn’t known what it felt like to have such a strong need, or to dive into something so fear of getting hurt, or of the consequences. I had never known happiness which amounted to that measure. Avoiding him had been hell for me, all I’d been able to think about was how badly I wanted to talk to him, and then I’d have to remind myself that I was preventing myself from heartbreak, but I was convinced I needed to take a risk for once in my life.

This was all because of Hunter, and I had just come to realize that.

I needed to stop holding myself back from what I really wanted; him.

I looked up at him; he was getting more agitated by the second; his eyes were frantic and wide as I sighed and blocked out the part of my mind which had been holding me back.

“Yes Hunter, I like you,” I said, a small smile making its way onto my face.

“Really?” he asked, as if he hadn’t digested what I said, or as if he just couldn’t believe it.

“Yes,” I said, laughing at his startled expression.

“Well then, I have one question that I need to ask you. I’ve been rolling it over in my head more than a hundred times, so that I could be ready once the time was right…but now that it’s actually here…nothing seems right,” he said, running a hand through his hair nervously, before he took both my hands in his.

“What is it? Just ask me,” I said, chuckling as I looked into his eyes.

“Paige, I wanted to do this so much better…you’re so amazing, and you deserve to feel amazing, you’re beautiful and you deserve to feel beautiful and special every second of every day, and if you let me…I can make feel that way. I promise, I will never hurt you. I’ll treat you the way you should be treated; I can do more than that if we aren’t friends…what I mean is…I don’t want to just be friends anymore. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” he asked, his hands cupping my face, and his lips mere inches away from mine.

I cannot believe he just said that.

I CANNOT BELIEVE HE JUST FUCKING SAID THAT.

I was screaming in my head, but I had to keep my cool.

“That was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard,” I whispered against his lips.

“Does that mean you’re saying yes?” he asked me, I had never heard such excitement come from him.

“No,” I said, and I watched his expression turn from hopeful to crushed in an instant. He furrowed his brow in confusion, and I could see the hurt in his eyes; I cupped his face in my hands.

“That means I’m saying hell yes,” I said, chuckling.

“Thank you,” he said.

“For what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“For making me the happiest guy on the planet right now,” he said, smiling and I could see it reach his eyes.

“You’re welcome; now let’s get out of here before they start to get worried,” I said, pulling away from him; I settled for holding his hand which fit perfectly in mine.

“Wait, so just to be clear…I’m allowed to kiss you without getting ignored, right?” he asked, pulling me back to him gently.

“Yes, I suppose so,” I said, laughing at his devious facial expression.

He turned me around to face him, cupped my face and then leaned in to kiss me. It was soft and warm, I could feel myself start to blush and he broke away, only for it to linger.

Finally! Oh my God, finally!” I heard Brooke scream at the top of her lungs, causing me to jump and Hunter to laugh, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Were you eavesdropping on us?” Hunter asked her, his facial expression was serious.

“It wasn’t just me, it was all of us!” she squealed, and the rest of them filled the small space.

“So you two are official?” Sara asked, her eyes beaming brightly.

Hunter leaned down and kissed me again, this time stronger than before, his lips shaping mine with force, and his arms constricting around my waist. I didn’t mind, I cupped his face, smiling at the whistling, hooting, and squeals of encouragement and I broke away, so that I could catch my breath.

“Yes, we’re official,” I said, breathlessly before he pulled me back for another kiss.