Chapter 21: I love you

«Sorry I had this humongous writing block. But I do hope you all love this chapie.
Enjoy! 🍷»

ł West's POV ł

So this vacation is going great.

And by great of course I mean terrible.

So Eric has claimed me as his human and every night he parades me around like an item on for show. Then every night we go back to our room and he drinks from me then we sometimes have sex.

And honestly right now I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

I mean there is something nice about being wanted, and I sorta kinda do feel very protected when Eric just has his arms around me or is playing with my hair, especially when he's playing with my hair. Yet still I know I should hate him. He kidnapped me, he drug me across the U. S. Then he got me drunk and drank from me and had sex with me. I should feel offended and hurt, shouldn't I? Only the thing is I can't bring myself to hate Eric. Seriously I've tried.

Every time he looks at me though with that sarcastic smirk I feel all warm and tingly inside. I don't know maybe it's just because he's made me drink his blood a couple of times. I like to think that's what's going on. Still I don't think so.

Eric is different too though, ever since he's been drinking from me. He seems even more powerful and less addicted to blood. Well except for mine. He can't get enough of it. Yet still when he looks at me I see what seems to be a fleeting glimpse of caring or feeling.

If Eric actually cares for me then that could complicate everything. Nothing would ever be the same in between us. And there is a tiny minuscule part of me that hopes that Eric at least likes me.

Never mind I need to focus on the present. Lifting my head up from the bed I feel the unique blissfulness that I've been feeling every morning now that I wake up. Looking around I see one of the windows has been opened.

"Holy shit!" I say quickly getting up and running over to shut it. What if Eric gets in the light? Who would be so damn stupid as to open the window?!?! I'm going to fucking murder-

Suddenly a long muscled arm reaches out beside me into the sunlight. The arm pulls me to a male body that stand in the sunlight. Looking up I see Eric's face.

That's not possible. I tell myself and look again. And yet here is Eric Northman the Viking vampire sex god standing before me in the sun with absolutely no harm coming to him. I reach up and gently touch his cheek. "How are you..."

My voice trails off as I look at him. "It's you West."

My nose scrunches up in confusion he smirks down at me. I remain confused. It's me? How does that answer my question?

Oh I get it. This is a dream! I'm dreaming about him because I've been drinking his blood. That makes sense! Because him being in the sunlight does not. I smile up at him and laugh. "This isn't real, this is a dream!"

Lifting me up gently and setting me on the windowsill Eric says. "This is anything but a dream West."

I shake my head and smile widely. That's exactly what someone in a dream would say. Right? Gently Eric sets me down on the window sill and leans against it beside me. "This morning I got up feeling oddly. Well human. I couldn't stop thinking about how long it had been since I had seen the sun. I thought maybe I could just get a glimpse of it. However when I opened the window nothing happened. I didn't get burned I didn't need to dive out of the sunlight nothing. It's exactly like when I was human."

Holy fucking shit. This isn't a fucking dream. Here is Eric Northman the one thousand year vampire standing in broad daylight. Slowly I reach out and touch his chest, just checking that he's real. "This isn't..."