Chapter 5: Custody Battle

«Ollo lovelies! Ok it's me the same night. I should probably go to bed. It's 2:50 am, but I don't really want to. It's the summer and I might as well stay up I have nothing else to do.»

ł Sookie's POV ł

"Eric! What are you doing?!?!" I exclaim. We walked into Fangtasia and Pam said that Eric was in the basement so we come down here and he has the girl in his lap. "Eric! Get away from her!"

Gently with care that shocks me he puts the girl down beside him. She lets her hair fall in front of her face and curls her legs up to her chest. Her eyes shock me somewhat and make me look twice. One of them is green and the other is a lavender colour, what a odd combination. She looks like a little girl frightened about going to her first day of school. She's much to delicate for her own good. Exchanging a silent conversation through our eyes. Bill draws Eric aside to talk to him and I go over to the girl.

Smiling I sit next to her. "I'm Sookie Stackhouse."

When she talks she has a British edge to her voice I didn't expect. "I'm called West."

I was right, West is a person. Still how does she make vampires better than they already are. Maybe she has fairy blood too. I try to read her thoughts to see if they give away anything but it's like I'm bouncing right off her. Trying not to act too shocked I ask. "Are you alright, you aren't hungry or anything?"

"I-I'm a little hungry." She stutters and Eric is looking over at us. Suddenly a girl with midnight black hair wearing white converse shoes comes down the stairs. She has a bright smile and is carrying a bunch of bags. Pam comes down after her in a tight blue dress carrying even more bags.

"Good morning, well sorry night, Eric!" She skips in and goes through a door I haven't seen before followed by Pam. Everyone, including West, turns to Eric and asks.

"Who is she?" It was sort of a comical moment because we all asked it at once. Of course no one laughed. Except for West who laughed like a little angel when no one else would. Eric stared at her for a second before answering us.

"She's the new bartender I hired, yesterday I sent her to get some stuff for West." A new bartender, that's interesting, I wonder where Ginger went. Wait he can't be implying that West stay her that just won't do.

"West will not stay here with you!" I stand up abruptly and Eric stares me down viciously.

"Why not? I already have stuff for her and a room for her to stay in."

"Because your- well - you!" Eric raises his eyebrows and retorts.

"And that's a bad thing."

"Uh, um," West barely whispers trying to get our attention. Eric turns to her immediately with a possessive look in his eyes. That just won't do. "If Eric already has , um, stuff for me then it would sort of make sense if I stayed here."

Bill looks shocked and I'm sure I look the same way. West must not know Eric very well. How could she she just met him.

With a deal in mind I look at Eric. "How about she spends four days at our house then three here?"

Scoffing he looks back. "She'll spend all her time here."

"Well if you want us around here all the time checking on her." I meander back to the couch and sit down next to her. "You know me and West could even have sleep overs, couldn't we?"

I smile devilishly as he considers this. "Five days at here two at your place."

"Four here three at my house." I know Eric must hate this but he'd hate it more if he had to deal with me all the time.