Chapter 13: Running From Love

Pages Long: 169

«Ollo Lovelies! I won't make this very long because I know you want to get to the story so.
Enjoy! 🍷»

ł Amelia's POV ł

"Eric!" Pam calls Eric from the basement.

I'm too happy for words. I'm going to be a vampire! Pam's prodigy! This is going to be amazing. I mean no doubt I'll have to adjust. That comes without saying but I feel so overwhelmingly happy. I just can't wait!

Eric walks in and observes us both. He crosses his arms and stares at us as if we were annoying him with our existence.  I see he's being his regular peachy self. "Why did you call me?"

Pam comes over to me and slugs her arm around my shoulder. Giddily she responds. "Amelia is going to be my prodigy!"

Eric's face doesn't move. His expression stays the same. Pam and I turn to each other somewhat confused. We thought he'd be happy. Then he says. "So you finally got the nerves to ask her."

Pam turns on Eric as he smirks at us. I smile back at him. The three of us are going to have some good times that I know for certain. "You knew I wanted to turn her!"

"I'm your maker there is no hiding things from me." He says it blankly devoid of emotion as usual, but there is a killer smirk on his face. Suddenly he turns to me and comments. "Something you'll have to look forward to with Pam."

Something tells me that won't be a problem. Silence coats us, I guess we didn't have much to discuss then Eric asks. "When do you plan on doing this?"

Pam and I look to each other at the same time and seem to have a mental conversation. She turns back to Eric and responds. "In about two weeks."

Nodding Eric agrees. "That's good. That should give you enough time to straighten any affairs."

I nod along and Eric leaves going back to West's room.

"Well..." Pam says to me. "Even though this may be a very happy day for all of us. We still have to work."

With that remake she heads out to the floor. I pull my phone from my pocket and decide to text Harry. I have already figured out his number because he texted me the other day just to say hi.

----------
Me: Hey do u want to get 2gether?
----------

I have the worst grammar and spelling when I'm texting but nobody seems to mind it. Quickly I get a text back.

----------
Harry: I'd love 2! When/where?
----------

Glad I'm not the only one with spelling and grammar issues. But you have to admit it's so much easier to put 2 instead of 'to'. It's also much easier to put 'k' instead of 'okay'. I know some people dislike it but I never really cared.

----------
Me: I know this place called Merlottes, pick me up at Fangtasia 2morrow at 12pm?
----------

I wait for a response and my nerves kick in. What is he says no? That shouldn't be a problem though. I know I am get off work, Ginger I learned her name is, is here to cover the other shift. So I work from sunset to twelve and she works from twelve to sunrise. This arrangement could really work out in my favour. I'll have more free time and won't have to spend all of my time at his bar. I mean I love Fangtasia but the constant bar scene starts to get boring.

My phone bings telling me I have another text.

----------
Harry: Love 2! See you then! 😘
----------

Aww he is just too cute! I love when people send me emojis. They're such a cute way of communicating emotion.

I can't wait for tomorrow night now. I wonder what I'm going to wear.

I could wear my cute little black denim jeans and a loose white sweater that slips off my shoulder. And of course I have to wear my white converse.

For makeup I think I'll go with bright red lipstick, light foundation, and green-

"Amelia!" Pam calls me from the door and I rush to her slipping my phone in my pocket. "When I say we have ok work I mean all of us."

Taking the hint I start to go behind the bar when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and Sookies there.

At first I'm confused and shocked. She shouldn't be here I don't think. Is she here about West? Is something wrong? She has a smile on so I return one as she asks. "Do you know where-"

We hear an angry howl from downstairs that cuts Sookie off. Bill comes up behind Sookie and Pam is soon standing by me.

Eric is by us in no time. Anger radiates off of him in waves and his fangs are out. Naturally Bill pushes Sookie behind him. I don't blame him, I haven't known Eric long. But this doesn't seem like him, he keeps his head level. He usually seems to stay cool, not now though. No he's practically on fire from all the rage.

His eyes are murderous as he spits out the words. "She's gone."

ł West's POV ł

I rush across the street in my pajamas. I plan on getting new clothes and materials at Blood Lust. Because these clothes aren't suspicious at all. Note my sarcasm.

The store manager sees me and asks. "Eric's tab?"

I nod and he just goes to the back room. I'm so glad I can use his tab because I was only able to find one hundred and fifty dollars in Eric's jacket when he wasn't looking. And that money isn't going to get me far.

First thing I do is grab one of the backpacks here. It's large and designed with camo. I throw it on the paying counter and go to get some clothes and shoes.

I get one dark green t shirt, a set of dark green elastic hair bands, one gray sweater, two black tank tops, one pair of black cargo pants, a camo wallet that I found, one pair of camo jeans, a pair of dark green shorts, two pairs of plain black under wear and bras, and one pair of tan combat boots along with two pairs of black socks. After putting it all down on the counter the store manager asks. "Is that all?"

I'm about to say yes when I see a rack of gift card and walk over.

I grab two one hundred dollar Walmart gift card, two fifty dollar Esso gift card, and all the prepaid visas I can see. I end up having four two hundred dollar visas, five one hundred dollar visas, and seven fifty dollar visas. Which adds up to 1350$ in visas, which if you add the money I stole from Eric, I have a total of 1500$. I can make that work.

The store manager eyes me somewhat suspiciously but scans it through and gives me my stuff. I go to the change room in the back and change into some underwear, the black tank top, the camo jeans, tan boots, black socks, and put on the grey sweater. I slip all the visas, gift cards, and money into my wallet and stuff it into my backpack. After putting all my hair up in a high ponytail I look in the mirror.

Finally I can look at myself and see who I really am. A girl on the run because she's scared. Scared of being hurt. Scared of being betrayed by those who are close to her. Scared of the possibility of love, or friendship. I'm scared of Eric. I'm scared of Amelia. And I'm scared of Pam. Because not they could all betray me, they could all get me hurt.

I'm running from the one thing I truly fear.

I'm running from love.

«Ooooooh 😱😱😱🙀🙀🙀🙎🏻!!! What's going on?!?!? What's going to happen here??? Well I already know it's you who will have to wait and find out. 😈 Have fun with that.
I'm joking I'm not that cruel I'm going to go work on the next chapter like now.
Until next time dearies!

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

Share

And

Don't copy»