Chapter 3: Mine

«Ollo lovelies! Thanks for sticking with the story this long! I personally love this chapter very much so please enjoy!
Also do you guys like this cover better than the old one? Please tell me.»

ł West's POV ł

I grit my teeth as Eva finishes the tattoo. Honestly it didn't hurt as much as I thought. Actually I didn't mind the dull pain at all. When I look at the tattoo though I realize what it is. "A compass?"

I shock myself by being able to remember what it is. Most usual household items have become somewhat foreign to me. I guess that happens when you don't see them for nearly ten years.

Still a compass? Of all things why a compass? Then I look over a Eva and see that she has the exact same tattoo on her wrist.

I like how it looks against my skin. My skin being pale as snow and the ink being black as coal. The contrast makes you look twice. The simple compass pattern does have its appeal as well. It's simple yet says so much. When I look harder I see that the little ink needle is pointed to the West. It makes a strange feeling expression come to my face. At first I don't recognize the feel of it because I haven't had one in so long. Then I realize. It's a smile.

When I look at Eva's though I notice that her needle is pointed to the North. Curious. I wonder what Harry and the other guys is pointed to. The other guy who I haven't learned the name of yet jumps and locks his hand around the exit way.

When he disappears up a flicker of worry lights in my mind. What if the plan was to abandon Eva down here with me all along? Eva doesn't look the least bit panicked though. I understand why when the ladder appears.

"Are you ready to go West?" Eva asks in such a kind caring tone, as if I were her daughter. Even though we appear the same age.

Am I ready to leave this room. Yes it may hold bad memories for me but for countless days it has been my home. Now I know most would only classify home and a place where you feel comfortable and safe, but I've never been that kind of person. Home is the kind of place that you can navigate easily in the dark. The kind of place that you know every square inch of. Home is the kind of place where both the good and the bad happen.

So this place was my home. It may have had more bad memories associated with it then good ones but that doesn't change the fact that this is where I was raised.

Do I really want to leave this place? The outside world has always been a little frightening.

That's what makes me want to leave though. Facing my fears is just one of those things that I absolutely have to do.

So when I respond to Eva I don't clutter my answer up with a bunch of complicated words. I merely state. "Yes."

ł Sookie's POV ł

"How do you know they'll come through here?" I ask full of worry. Bill has driven me out here claiming that the people who have West will be coming down this road.

"Because if they want to leave the barn they have to come this way." I move a large pine branch out of my way and continue through the forest after Bill.

"Well how do you plan to stop them?" My yellow sundress gets caught on a branch and I gently untangle it running after Bill.

"I'll attack their van or car or whatever they are driving." He answers simply as we near the road. I sense no worry in his southern voice were as I am shaking with nerves.

"How will you know it's them?" Bill turns to me with a cocky smile.

"I know what I'm doing Sookie." With a slight smile he turned back to the road. Now it's little moments like these that make me love him.