Chapter 45; Claire Curvel

A/N: trigger warning, rape mention (not graphic but it is indicated so please skip to after the dotted lines or this whole chapter if this will trigger you. your mental health is more important than a chapter in a fanfiction story)

Silence.

That's all I was met with. I didn't know if Glenn was safe or not. I didn't know if I was safe or not. I was still tied up in this room. Alone. Sitting in my own urine and puke. I felt like a mess, I know I looked like a mess even if I couldn't see myself. I wanted to be home. Home as in the prison. I wanted to be with Rick's group. My group. I wanted to feel secure again.

I haven't felt this scared in my life since the walkers first started popping up. Even when I was on my own. But here, I was terrified beyond repair. If I did make it out of here, these moments would never leave me alone. They would haunt me for the rest of my life. However long that will be now that I'm here.

My head still hung, looking at my lap in disgust at myself. I had let these people scare me so much that I had bodily fluids on me that shouldn't be visible like they are. I felt like a wuss. Just from the things I heard happening to Glenn left me shaking in my skin. 

I am a weakling. 

My attention snapped to the door as it creaked open, a man I've never seen before walking in. The door shut behind him loudly as his eyes never left mine. I bit down on my tongue, resisting the urge to look away from him in embarrassment. He looked like he was getting a kick out of how I looked, smiling as he came closer. 

Hell if I was in his shoes, I probably would have laughed too if I saw someone sitting in their own piss and puke, shaking as they still tried to act tough. It was clear as day, I wasn't as tough as I wanted to seem in this situation. 

His shoes crunched against the gravel as he stopped on the other side of the table, just staring down at me. His gaze made my skin crawl in discomfort. My gaze flickered to the large knife he pulled out as he took a few more steps closer. I eyed it closely, swallowing back the lump that was forming in my throat.

He walked closer, moving behind me, and making me stiffen in my position. I didn't trust this man. Not one bit. Especially since he must know Merle. I flinched as the ropes that bound my wrist was cut, letting me quickly pull my hands in front of me with a shallow breath.

I watched intently as he walked back around me the other way, stopping in front of the table again and pulling the chair out. "May I?" He questioned. I only folded my arms across my chest, avoiding my eyes from his. "Thank you."

I could feel his gaze on me after he sat down, making me look at him through a glare. I must have looked pretty pathetic but I had already humiliated myself enough for him to see. "We'll take you back to your people, explain this was all just a misunderstanding," he began to spoke. "You tell us where they are and we'll drive you there."

My head already began to shake at his words. No way was I going to give away where we were staying. If Glenn kept his mouth shut, then so was I. These people were bad people. "I want to talk to Glenn," I demanded, my voice coming out smaller than I wanted it to. 

The man shrug, his facial expression turning to a sneer. "I can't allow that. Your people are dangerous."

"You people are dangerous," I spat back, making sure to emphasize that his people were the only threat around here.

He only smiled. "Handcuffed my man to a roof," he spoke, completely ignoring what I had just said. "Forced him to amputate his own hand."

"I don't know anything about what you're talking about or what happened between that man Merle and my group."