Chapter 15; Claire Curvel

"You avoiding Glenn?"

I spun around, covering my chest with my hands as Beth walked into the room. I stared at her incredulously, quickly turning around and slipping on my bra. "Beth you should really knock before barging into a room," I recommended. "I ain't even got my clothes on."

  "Sorry," she apologized.

I sighed, knowing she wouldn't leave the room. I pulled on the capris pants that I was given over my underwear, rolling them up a bit more since it was pretty hot outside today. I slipped on the blue blouse with a tie in the front and lastly I tugged on Maggie's old cowgirl boots. I turned around to Beth; tying my hair up into a ponytail.

  "You have a scratches on your back," Beth pointed out, standing in the doorway of the bedroom.

I shrugged. "Hmm, probably got them from sleeping up in the tree last night," I reminded.

Beth nodded, a smirk on her porcelain face. "Glenn's been looking for you," she told me again, her Georgia accent strong as she spoke.

  "I've been busy," I lied.

In a way I have. I've been finding every hideout I can for the past week just so I don't run into Glenn. I've even started sleeping in trees at night or in Carol's tent when she lets me because Maggie and Beth have told me multiple times that Hershel has had to drive Glenn out of the house at night for trying to sneak up into the house. Too bad he doesn't even know I haven't really been sleeping in the house in the first place.

  "Why you avoiding him?" Beth continued to pester.

I rolled my eyes, walking out the room with her trailing behind me. "I ain't, just been busy with Randall and all," I answered half truthfully.

I have been busy with Randall during the day this past week. Sometimes he wakes up and asks me to tell him a story or something when I'm in the room, other times I just watch him to make sure he stays breathing. Nobody else seems to like Randall much, but he's my family. They all try to keep me away from him; constantly telling me he can't stay like I don't already know that. When they do send him on his way, I'm going too. He may not be such a good person if I'm honest, but he's Randall. Randall is Randall no matter what.

  "Well Glenn's downstairs in the living room waiting for you," Beth snickered behind me. "Looks super distraught you know."

I stopped, turning around to hurry back up stairs. Beth laughed as she shook her head and guided me down the last few steps. "Beth come on, I forgot something upstairs."

  "Found her Glenn," Beth exclaimed cheerfully, skipping off giggling as I stared after her.

  "Claire, where have you been the past week?" Glenn's voice softly asked.

Yes I have been avoiding him for a week. I was doing a great job of it too until Beth put her nose into it. At least it got a smile out of her though, she's been really down in the dumps lately. I'm actually really worried about her. 

I turned around, staring down at the floor as my face felt super hot. I could hear Glenn's footsteps before his converse covered feet came into my view. I gasped as I was pulled into a hug, my body instantly relaxing into Glenn's arms. Damn it Claire, pull yourself together you idiot.

  "Are you hiding from me because of what I told you?" Glenn asked suddenly, his hand rubbing up and down my back. I didn't answer; the silence answering his questions. Glenn sighed, kissing the top of my head softly. "I'm not going to take it back Claire because I meant it, that's not going to change."

  "Glenn," I whispered. His arms only tightened around me, squeezing me to his body like he was afraid I would disappear. "Glenn..." I repeated, trailing off. "I believe you."