Chapter 27; Claire Curvel

"I need to pee," Beth nagged again. I chuckled softly, lifting my head up from her shoulder.

"We've been driving for hours," I pointed out. "I need to pee too." I looked up front to Glenn, waiting for an indication that he heard me. Him and Maggie switched off on driving an hour ago. It was night now and we hadn't even stopped once. "Unless you want us to pee in the back seats," I challenged.

Glenn honked the horn twice before slowly pulling over. I leaned forward in the middle seat, shaking Hershel's shoulder. I waited until he opened his tired eyes before saying anything. "Me and Beth are going to go pee, is that okay?"

Hershel nodded his head tiredly, sitting up right and unbuckling his seat belt. "I need to too so I'll go with you guys."

Beth opened the door, sliding out and waiting for me to get out before closing the door softly as not to wake Maggie up who was asleep in the back still. I shivered as the chilly night air blew against my skin --pulling my pathetic excuse for a jacket tighter around me and pulling the sleeves over my hands.

"What's going on? Why'd you guys honk?" Rick asked as he came towards us.

"Bathroom break," Beth answered timidly.

I nodded; raising an eyebrow as Rick looked displeased. "Al'right. Anyone else that needs to use the bathroom needs to go now because we are not stopping again tonight."

I smirked as several people scattered to the edge of the road, finding an abandoned car or something to hide behind while they did their business. I followed Beth to a small Honda, standing on the other side as she went pee.

"I sure wish we had toilet paper or something," she complained. I laughed quietly, shaking my head. "I'd feel better as least knowing I could wipe down there."

"I'll be sure to pick some up if I find any," I promised. I sighed, sticking my hands into my jean pockets. I kicked a empty can at my feet away from me, leaning against the side door of the Honda. "Beth?"

"Yeah?"

I shook my head. "Never mind."

I turned my head to the side, waiting for Beth to walk over to me before going around the car. I pulled my jeans halfway down, squatting down and using my right hand to hold myself up with the car as I peed, my stomach tingling from releasing the pressure in my bladder.

"I wonder if the dog got away," Beth spoke loudly.

"Me too." I really did want Franco back around. He made me smile even if it was just for that one day yesterday that I had him. Now I lost him and for all I know he could be walker chow right now. I should have kept a better eye on him.

I zipped my jeans back up once I was finished and walked back over to Beth, my teeth chattering from how cold it was tonight. It was freezing and I do not like the cold under any circumstances. "The adults are talking, I guess someone smarted up and took the food out the car and now we lost it all," Beth told me as I stood by her.

"Oh," I mumbled. I pushed myself off the car and quickly made my way to Maggie's car. I opened the door and bent down to look under the back seats. I smiled at the sight of the few cans I managed to grab. There was about 13 of them possibly. I'm surprised I grabbed even that much in the rush we were in. I grabbed 4 cans and walked towards Rick and them. "I managed to grab a few cans before we left," I beamed.

Rick and the others looked at me surprised. "What? Nobody else thought to grab any so I did." I hid the proud smile I so badly wanted to show off, just glad I managed to help out once again.

"Thank God we have someone smart around here," Daryl praised.

I smiled, holding out a can for someone to grab. Rick grabbed it, nodding his head in thanks towards me. He handed it to Carl and grabbed another one for Lori. "I don't know what we would do without you around," Rick admitted.