Chapter 10; Claire Curvel

My feet dragged along the ground as I walked through the town aimlessly. I don't know how I got here, but I did. I just didn't know what to do now. The group I was in with Randall never stayed in one place too long so I had no idea where to go now. Don't even know if Randall was out looking for me or wants me back around.

I kinda regretted running from the farm, but I didn't want to be around those people. Well not around Shane Walsh. He seemed way to unstable and I just didn't feel safe around him anymore. Not after today.

The crunch of leaves and twigs on the sidewalk cracked under me, few walkers littering the streets. None that I couldn't easily walk away from since most were on the other side of the street and paying no attention to me. Good. Wouldn't be able to run very fast on this ankle anymore anyway. I wonder if anyone on the farm even cares that I left. They might not even have noticed still.

I wonder if Glenn knows I was gone...

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts of the annoying man. Who cares if Glenn knows if I'm gone or not. I ain't going back either way. I stopped, seeing two figures run across the street up by the convenience store. I moved into the shadow of the building, waiting until they disappeared around the corner. I'm not looking for any trouble out here. 

I started moving again, my direction heading to the post office. That's where Randall last was. Maybe he was still there, just waiting on me to shout his name. I smiled slightly, limping over to the steps of the post office. I stopped a few feet away from the sign -staring intently at the building. Don't seem like there's any walkers in there.

  "Randall," I hollered. I waited a few seconds, getting no response in return. "Randall," I called out again, a little louder.

I sighed, my shoulders slumping in defeat at the silence. He wasn't here. I was probably never going to see my brother again. Fuck everything. I turned around, gasping as a gun was pointed to my face.

  "Jesus, almost got yourself killed there Claire," a voice I recognized said.

I gasped, staring up wide eyed at Dave and Nate. I never thought I'd be happy to see these two bastards. "Where's Randall?" I asked almost instantly.

  "He's on his way over here with the others," Dave answered me. "We've been coming into this town every day looking for you."

  "Sorry," I apologized, feeling bad that they were out looking for me. I didn't think they cared much for Randall and I. Guess I was wrong.

  "Come on kid, let's go to the bar. We were going to raid it for some supplies," he told me.

I nodded, following behind them with a small limp. I didn't want them to see me limping and think I was dead weight. I know these people. The first sign of a injury, the kill. They think everyone is going to turn into a walker if they're hurt.

We walked in silence, Dave and Tony's guns raised in caution. I could see the bar down the street, a car parked on the side. I've seen that car, but where? My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I could hear a gruff voice coming from inside the bar.

Dave stepped in first, me and Tony following him.

  "Son of a bitch, they're alive."

Dave stepped out of the way, my eyes widening at the three men on the other side of the bar. Rick, Hershel, and Glenn... 

Rick stared at the two guys before his eyes landed on me in questioned. Forgot I never told them I was with a group before them. 

  "Claire..." Glenn trailed off.

I quickly shook my head as he took a step towards me. This is bad. Dave and them don't just let anyone live with out getting something in return and knowing Rick, Rick ain't gonna give shit to them.