Chapter 2; Claire Curvel

What the hell is taking him so long? I looked around in worry, hearing nothing from the post office -my mind instantly jumping to every bad conclusion

What the hell is taking him so long? I looked around in worry, hearing nothing from the post office -my mind instantly jumping to every bad conclusion. He'll be fine Claire calm down. It's all good. I spun around, hearing the low growls of a no brainer behind me. I jumped up, swinging my machete at the side of it's head. I gasped as the blade snapped in half, the no brainer still coming towards me.

"Fuck," I gulped, backing away from it while pointing the jagged edges of the broken blade at the no brainer. I knew it wasn't going to last much longer, but I didn't expect this to happen now. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."

I stabbed what remained of the machete into the face of the dead thing, it's nasty hands still reaching out to me. "Why won't you just die!" I yelled in frustration, using all my force to drive the jagged blade into it's head more. It collapsed to the ground -letting me gain a moment to notice more walkers coming from behind it. I must have attracted more when I got loud being careless. I turned around, dashing it through the trees into the parking lot.

"Randall!"

I yelped as I was tackled to the ground, a no brainer pinning me to the ground. "Randall! Help!" I screamed, fearing for the worst. I had no other choice but to get loud now. It was my life on the line. My eyes widened in fright as I pushed the no brainer away from me, turning my head to the side and squeezing my eyes shut as I heard the chomps it made as it tried to bit into my flesh. "Please help me! Randall!"

I gritted my teeth as I pushed the thing away from my face again, its saliva dripping onto my cheek. I opened my eyes, noticing a whole bunch more coming my way. "Randall!" I screamed in panic. Why hasn't he came out yet? Why isn't he helping me? Oh god I'm going to die here. "Get off of me," I cried out, my breathing becoming short and quicker as I began to hyperventilate. I didn't want to die. I didn't want to come back as one of these evil things. I didn't want to stop being human yet. This isn't how it's supposed to end for me right now. Oh God, if you're there save me. "Save me please," I cried out in panic. 

I screamed as a gun shot went off, the no brainer on top of me going slack. I pushed it to the ground weakly, scrambling to my feet and looking to the post office. I spun around paranoid as I didn't see Randall at the door of the post office, the source of the gun shot unbeknownst to me. So who shot the gun and from where? I dodged through two no brainers reaching for me, falling down and scrapping my hands on the ground painfully. I whimpered as I pushed myself back to my feet and ran back to the trees, my feet tripping over themselves. I yelped in pain as a tree branch scraped against my neck painfully, already feeling the blood flow down from it. But the adrenaline of wanting to live kept my feet moving.

"Wait, stop!" Someone shouted behind me. "We're trying to help you!"

"Maggie!"

I ran faster, not recognizing the voices at all. All I know was that strangers were more dangerous than the dead to me. And that scared me even more. I screamed out as my foot got hooked in a tree root, sending me tumbling down to my face clumsily. I rolled over, hearing the moans and growls of the no brainers. I reached out -grabbing a hold of a rock and standing up. I wasted no time in my panic to start running again, tripping here and there as my vision was blurry from tears and from my fall. My neck was in pain and the rock I gripped tightly was only making my bloody hand worse, but I was too scared to even really take notice of it all. I could tell I was hurting myself with each stride I took, but all I could think about was getting away and fast. All I could think was I needed to get away. I needed to live.

"Randall!" I cried out again in hope he would show up out of nowhere, somehow he would save me and we would get out of the town together. Somehow this was just all going to end any moment now. I held back a scream as something grabbed onto my hair. I turned around quickly, swinging with all the force I had at whatever it was. I heard a hiss as I stared horrified up at two blurry figures. "Get away from me," I sniffled.

I turned around to run, but fell with a thud as a heavy object hit the back of my head, my mind not registering that I was hit with something to stun me. I stumbled to my hands and knees, my vision seeing black spots and my body feeling heavy. I fell onto my stomach, my cheek against the dirt as someone's boots appeared in front of me. I tried desperately to keep my eyes open, my head feeling like a cloud of fog dropped over it.

"Help me...Randall," I mumbled before darkness over took me.